1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Biker, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Partly, but also pointing out the major thing that seems to occur with all MMO's lately, they feel they can't make any money unless they cater to every whimper of the PvP monkeys who seem to have the attention span of a goldfish in the first place, and then completely forget about the average gamer like me that just wants to explore and have fun, then go F2P in the blink of an eye (or keep tossing more of your sub money at PvP like Blizzard does, stay around long past when it should have died and chase off anyone like me in the process )

Hopefully this one will break the cycle of abuse and grow up normal.

ethics likes this.
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I don't get the impression that the devs are swayed that much by outside influence. There's a definite "end result" they are moving to, and no amount of whining and gnashing of teeth from the clueless is going to sway them from the pre-plotted course.

And with the endless possibilities that the game already proposes, I don't see much in the way of future releases as far as expansions go. There may be some maintenance tweaks as things progress, but I just don't see any whole scale changes being made for the Ritalin crowd.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yah I am with Tom more but I get what you are saying too, Andy. LOTRO never caved to PVP and while they have it, it's more of an afterthought.

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Read through the Bullroarer beta forum. You would think LOTRO is strictly pvp since that's all that is mentioned there.

5. ethics

I am not saying the PVP'ers are a loud, noisy bunch. I am saying that the developers know who butters their bread and it's not PVP'ers.

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And for cripes sake..... Lern2sarcasm. /s

7. Biker

I see myself getting lost in this very easily just for the exploration aspect alone. To hell with the center of the universe!

8. ethics

Yeah, that's what attracts me too. Love the "open sky" look and feel. And then all the random planets? How awesome.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nice 18 min walkthrough of the game

ethics likes this.
  10. Biker

**whimper**

I want to play this so bad now.

ethics likes this.
  11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

12. Biker

13. Biker

No Man's Sky: From Humble Beginnings - IGN

This is great read about how it all started.

14. Biker

It's rather humorous to read the comments on the various "gaming" sites and watch the "what do you mean I can't finish it in 48 straight hours" crowd predict the demise of the game before it's even released. I have news for the Ritalin crowd, this game isn't being made for you. It's being made for the more mature gamer who is chomping at the bit to spend hours and hours exploring a galaxy that promises to be unique at every stop.

I am SO stoked for this to finally release.

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes, but guess who's voices are louder and get more attention in the Gaming News world?

16. Biker

Thankfully, Hello Games doesn't listen to them. :D

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As long as they don't implode like how Star Citizen is zooming towards Singularity.

18. Biker

19. Biker

20. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Dude built a flying model of one of the ships in the game.

Plane making | No Man's Sky

Hopefully when this thing finally drops, I'll have some sort of usable internet service.