1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Israelis Allowed

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Dec 16, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

A British boycott of Israeli academics is gathering pace," reports the Manchester-based Guardian. Apparently British scholars aren't prejudiced; they hate all Israelis equally:

<blockquote>Dr Oren Yiftachel, a left-wing Israeli academic at Ben Gurion University, complained that an article he had co-authored with a Palestinian was initially rejected by the respected British journal Political Geography. He said it was returned to him unopened with a note stating that Political Geography could not accept a submission from Israel.

Mr Yiftachel said that, after months of negotiation, the article is to be published but only after he agreed to make substantial revisions, including making a comparison between his homeland and apartheid South Africa. </blockquote>

Full Story

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Wow, this is still going on???

SM

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Ah, yes, the open minded nature of acadamia. Reminds me of the very liberal agenda on campuses in the US. And because they are professors they really think they are somehow smarter than the rest of us. They may have slightly more reason to think they have political acumen than actors and actresses but only slightly. IQ is not measured by the letters after your name. And yes, opionions are like assholes.

4. limeygit

limeygit Assume Sarcasm...

The link is dead for me...
    A couple of thoughts, that is the same University that had the issues a few months ago, isn't it?
    Also the Guardian makes the New York Times look like Fascist Weekly. Not that I have a problem with any news source being slanted as long as it is open about it, rather than claiming to be 'fair and balanced'. No, my problem with the Guardian, was its often shocking disregard for things like spelling and grammar. (It may have improved, my observations are based on the mid 90s when they appeared to think that a copyeditor was too bourgeois for their tastes).

5. ethics

Limey, I tend to agree with you about Guardian, but it happened to be the one that was easiest to find. I will look for other sources and post them here.

6. limeygit

OK I just realised your link has a : at the end which is why I was not getting the story...
    Also check out this 'talk back' on the issue..
    Click Here

It is loads of fun.
    "Trust the Zionist conspirators to try and muddy the water and hide the truth again, especially with the help of their Zionist-Christian BBC Radio 4 friends.

"It's a blatant case of cowardly conformity with the prevailing political correctness of other-worldly (ivory tower) morons -- who would all (along with anyone who refused to bow and beg) be murdered in an instant by this latest bunch of radical-Islamist-nazi bastards"

7. IamZed

IamZed ...

Zionist-Christians? What I want to know does EVERYBODY get to go to the tent revivals bare headed?

8. limeygit

You should read it, it is the most entertaining crap I have found in days...

SJhon - 04:53pm Jul 15, 2002 GMT (#18 of 64)
    Israel is a state founded on other peoples land by expelling them, masscare, confiscation of land/property! A fascist country found on the concept of chosen race/people do not deserve any support! It will reap what it sows. Existance of Israel stands for Zionism = Fascism Zionist = Biggot/racist.

As for defense, it is not an entity that deserves defending as the land do not belong to some european neo colonialist zionist fascist! You can only defend what is yours! Palastinian are defending against a parasite state supported by the American tax payers money and a few greedy business man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JamesIF - 04:54pm Jul 15, 2002 GMT (#19 of 64)
    I refuse to take political lessons from someone who is unable to spell, punctuate or form complete sentences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SJhon - 04:57pm Jul 15, 2002 GMT (#20 of 64)
    Whatever!

JamesIF - 05:00pm Jul 15, 2002 GMT (#21 of 64)
    A coherent (if banal) statement! A clear case for persistence.

9. ethics

LOL... Gotta love the entertainment value. I wonder how many are crossposting from this forum when Haywire and Ken do their show.

10. limeygit

Ahh, I don't think our own political bookends have quite managed something as precise as that comedy gem. Our mud throwing though, has more gusto, and less pretension...