1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Diablo 3] Nightmare mode

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Copzilla, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Finished Act 1 on Nightmare mode last night. One thing I can certainly say, they are amping the game up for a more savvy gamer crowd. In D1 and D2, in the harder modes you would just make sure you were sufficient level for the boss, and carefully watch your health resources and you were going to win. Not in D3.

Endboss Balail throws out some abilities that make you move and actually employ tactics in order to beat him. Took me three attempts to bring him down. I'll wager in the Hell and Inferno modes, you actually have to research tactics on theorycrafting sites. That's pretty cool, actually.
  2. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Jeesh! I didn't even realize there were four difficulty levels. I thought there were only three. :doh:

I am almost finished with ACT I Nightmare Mode and I am already seeing some instances where I have to move and employ some tactics rather than just sitting there banging away and hitting health potions. I'm having a damn good time actually. It's not boring at all replaying the same scenes. They did a great job introducing different mobs and mixing things up a bit.