1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[NFL] How's your team doing?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by BigDeputyDog, Dec 13, 2002.

1. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Just click HERE to find out!!

BDD... :{)

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Hmmm...

Anyone think we should make the standings stickies on top of this forum?

3. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Only if your team is on top... LOL... :happy:

BDD... :{)

4. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

The Pack is doing well! The divisions all locked up and we are now playing for home games in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I'm not over optimistic about their chances in the playoffs though. Then again, whenever #4 Brett Favre is on the field, anything can happen.

It's truly going to be a sad day for Packer fans when he decides to hang it up.

5. ethics

My team is ALWAYS on top!!!

Ever hear of NJ Devils?

6. jamming

jamming Banned

Rotten Year for the Jaguars, but my heart is always with the Meat Packers from Green Bay and those Brown Guy's in Cleveland. (Bart Starr, Paul Warfield, Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Vince Lombardi, those guys were the Stars of my Childhood and always are the most special in the Universe).

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, being from Houston, my team is doing sorry, but considering their first year and beating Dallas in their opening game (there's a bit of trivia 20 years from now), I'm delighted.

I see a lot of promise, they just really really need an offensive line. I mean bad. The passing game is chuck and duck and the running game can barely get across the line of scrimmage because of the backfield penetration. Everyone thought Tony Boselli was going to be on the field, but I think he's a lost cause... Damaged goods.

8. valgore

valgore Veteran Member

OH GOD NOOOO!!!! don't make me admit that I am a bengals fan!

DOH!

9. Copzilla

LOL... Bungles...

They get a Nielson rating of 3... people, that is...

10. Domh

Domh Full Member

Saying as Miami is going to do its standard end of season losing streak, I think things are looking good for my Patriots.

I admit to being very afraid of Green Bay this year, however.

11. jamming

jamming Banned

Why do you think the Jaguars let him go to help meet the Salary Cap, BTW he still owns a series of Mattress Stores here in Jacksonville.

12. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Lifetime Philadelphia Eagles fan here, and a very dedicated one at that.

This is the first year in a very long time that I think they have a legitimate shot at winning it all.

If McNabb can get back for the playoffs and the backup quarterbacks can continue to manage the offense as they have we will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Andy Reid is one of the most underrated active coaches in the league and we are blessed by having the best defensive coordinator in football in the person of Jimmy Johnson...bar none.

I want a rematch with the Raiders in the Super Bowl. We owe them one ;)

13. tke711

The Eagles have looked good this year midranger. They still have a couple of fairly good challenging games coming up before they solidify the home field in the playoffs. This week, it's the Redskins, who they should beat. However, the Redskins have a nasty habit of being spoilers at the end of the season. Should be a decent game.

The week after, it's Dallas, which should be an easy win as long as they don't look past them.

Then, it's the Giants in NY. This game will be very interesting to watch. The Giants have had an up and down year but are a very capable team.

The bad thing for both the Eagles and my Packers for home field is the Buccaneers. They have Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Chicago left for games. Realistically, they should win out, especially if they continue to play like they did against Atlanta next week.

As it stands right now, I just don't see anyone stopping Tampa Bay from wining the NFC. Especially if they get home field throughout.

14. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Ahh but the rub Tke711 is that the Eagles completel OWN the Bucs.

Warren Sapp is overrated and does squantum every time he plays the Eagles.

Whether the game be in Philly or Tampa I am quite comfortable facing the feared Buccaneers :)

And the Skins? Playing scrubs this week as Spurrier is looking to the future and realizes his roster of *seasoned veterans* suck in every aspect of the game.

I would also disagee that Tampa is the favorite to win home field advantage. We own every tie breaker as we are undefeated in the NFC.

Time will tell but one thing is for sure, Andy Reid and this team will look past nobody considering McNabb is not the starter right now.

God I love football :)

15. tke711

Very true, and I HATE Tampa Bay so if we don't get the opportunity to knock them out I sure has hell hope you guys do!!!

You guys are all just lucky though that it doesn't look like the Superbowl goes through Green Bay. The frozen tundra would probably get the best of anyone in January. :) But...that will most likely be for another season. :(

16. ethics

Where's eakes?

I thought he was like the biggest NFL fan in the world here? ;)

17. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Well another week of football is almost over and I continue to be impressed with my Eagles.

Once again they did what was necessary to win. Nothing spectacular, nothing groundbreaking, just good hard nosed football.

On the other hand Tampa Bay barely escaped with their lives against the lowly Detroit Lions. I'm thinking a change in the power ratings as published by ESPN is in order :)

And them damn Packers, they too were lucky to escape with a win in San Fran today. Those damn NY Giants just won't fall off the radar either as they had a scrimmage against Dallas today.

So we head to next week, the Eagles still in the driver's seat for home field advantage. We play Dallas in Dallas and I am relatively confident the letdown everyone is expecting from the Eagles is not going to transpire.

Donavan is on the mend, and I sense he will be ready to play the first playoff game should the Eagles draw a bye.

Any Reid is a lock for coach of the year imo.

Next victim please ;)

18. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Maybe next year...

Clevland Browns fan

19. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Damn...the Pack Attack wiped out my Niners...and on their field, too!!! :mad:

SM

20. Copzilla

The Pack... The ultimate enigma. They can kill anyone any time, then turn around and look so bad against a lowlier team.