1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[NFL] How lame are the Pokes?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I think the Cowboys are so lame. Seems to me like Jones has screwed that football team up so badly that they will never rise to their former glory.

Emmitt Smith is a washed up back who's afraid to run laterally for fear of being hit. 1st quarter today, 2nd and 2, he runs laterally instead of North / South and loses 5 yards.

Campo is a moron. Last week he doesn't go for it on 4th and 1 late in the game and loses. Today in the 1st quarter, 4th and 3, down by a single TD, ball on the 37 with a chance to punt it to the 3 yard line and try and hold them deep, he GOES FOR IT! What a dope! Then a rookie back misses a block on a blitzing lineman, fumble, recovered and TD, bam... down by 2 TDs.

I don't care what the Dallas heirarchy says, Quicy Carter is a backup QB - at best.

The pokes just plain suck.

2. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

For purely selfish reasons (I'm an Eagles fan) I hope they suck for ONE more week then they can turn the corner ;)

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Go Giants? ;)

4. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

You really don't want to play us again this year in the playoffs do you Ethics?

I mean to lose to the same team time three times in the same year is kinda embarassing wouldn't ya say ;)

If by some strange twist of fate the Giants do get that far keep in mind the game would be in Philly :)

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

LOL! Mercy?

6. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

All kidding aside I can't believe the Giants are still hanging around.

The Giants surely are a nemesis that stir much emotion in the typical Eagles fan.

It's been an outstanding rivalry for many years now and I have to admit I would prefer to see the Giants go quietly into the night rather than complicate my little dream here ok?

7. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

This is the first year in some time where there isn't really a dominant team. Just when someone looks to emerge they temporally fall back. The race for the playoffs, especially in the AFC is pretty competitive.

This is the first time in my lifetime that the NFL has had such league wide depth of talent at the QB position. Nevertheless in an apparent contradiction there is no super QB such as Montana, Marino, or Elway. Farve is the closest but he is just a notch below the greatness of those listed.

8. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I agree, about Favre, but I'm sure the historians will place him there.

I think there's a great one in the making with Carr, but time will tell.