1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Up...J.P. Morgan Chase

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

With Arthur Anderson down for the count and Enron itself still twitching on the canvas, the next installment of the 21st Century saga of The Grifters, has J.P. Morgan Chase on the ropes from a calculated sham designed by J.P. Morgan to help Enron dodge millions in Canadian taxes and add millions to its bottom line.
    J.P. Morgan hatches the plan and provides $1B in 'flash' money and then through elaborate schemes, the money finds its way back to J.P. Morgan and Enron operates a 5 year tax dodge.

2. wafen

wafen Member

Behind almost all, if not all of these deals are a law firm, a financial institution and an accounting firm.
    One of the reasons I left the accounting firm I was at was shady deals going on. Nothing on par with this, but bad enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This will be devastating to the economy and will once again, and more fervor, call for something to be done in forms of punishments.

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

It's time all the people who cooperated in this scheme to serve jail time. Fines to the company have not been effective. The brain behind the schems takes his hundreds of millions and goes home. Punish me like that.

5. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

Implicit in the relationship between large cororations and super accounting firms is the understanding that the two are partners in the true sense of the word.

6. wafen

wafen Member

That is why the people and firms facilitating these schemes should be held just as culpable as the corporations doing it.
    If they are partners in crime, they should be partners in punishment.

7. yazdzik

yazdzik Veteran Member

Augusta Country Club?

8. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Damn, this will be devastating to me personally...my personal banking and two housing loans are through Chase. :)

SM

9. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

I don't think you will be affected. The papers on your dealings with the bank will just be transferred to some other sleazy outfit. Unless, that is, they find some irregularity in the way your loans were approved. :)