1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ticker

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Steve, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Is that news ticker at the bottom new?

I LIKE IT!

Very cool, Leon, thanks!

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Something I am playing around with. Not sure how and what the final result will be. (Only available in CSS style for now).

3. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

There are some pop-ups associated with the service, when you click on the news link but, for the first time ever, that's a price I'm willing to pay. If these are truly current and breaking news stories, well, wow! Great service!

4. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Hey -- I am in CSS and do not have a news ticker. What's up?

5. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I noticed it sometimes takes a minute or so to appear. It's at the very bottom of the All Forums view.

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Thanks for pointing that out. Very cool!

7. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

I still don't get it. I suspect it is a problem with my Javascript, which seems to have a number of problems -- like the "rate" button does not work for me. Or if pop-ups are involved, my pop-up blocker.

8. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

If you have scripting disabled, the "rate" button probably won't work. I've seen other boards where "voting" buttons won't work if scripting is disabled.

9. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

Darn it I thought this thread was for a new tickler. OOps, movin along.

10. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Nah, don't like it. Too much scrolling of that stupid ad, and the news is not all that.

Limey gave me a code for Google's text (legally, not to worry) so will try to piece that baby over and see if that works better.

11. MJF

MJF Amphibious Member

I prefer your new feature! :love: