1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

news site

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by aedumo, Jan 9, 2003.

1. aedumo

aedumo Veteran Member

http://www.debka.com
    this site has some good features, they seem to have good sources linked to israeli intelligence (they reprted the sf soldiers in iraq, last spring) but some of it is propaganda and speculation i believe. check it out.

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Source claims American forces will copy Israeli tactics and use airborne and SF to attack Baghdad while armor forces encircle the city for a siege. Unlikely. Unless we have good reason to believe a siege will be short I do not think its a tactic the administration would back. Sieges are designed to take as long as needed and I think our forces are aiming for a short war.

I recognize this could be misdirection. If so, it is good misdirection as it is the kind of thing Saddam could rally his people around, "Just outlast the infidels".

3. aedumo

aedumo Veteran Member

Right, i guess thats where the propaganda comes in. Its obviously run by Israelis, but sometimes the reports are very well-informed. I'm not jewish or pro-Israel or whatever, just like to read it once in awhile to see some interesting viewpoints, as far as their intelligence sources are concerned.

4. aedumo

aedumo Veteran Member

I have to add that I'm also not against Israeli matters either. Just to clarify that last post.