1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Shows

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ShinyTop, Jan 4, 2017.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Several years ago I got into the habit of watching ABC nightly news. I have noticed more and more that much of what they report on they add you can get all the details on 20-20 tonight. It's like teasers. They tease you just before the commercial throughout the show with some breaking news coming up, then it does not appear for two commercials. This is supposed to be news, not a reality show or a serial. Do people really leave news shows in the middle and only stay because of these teasers?

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I've felt that all the news outlets on TV should just rename themselves "Entertainment Tonight", but that name's already taken.

It's also one of the reasons why not having a television isn't that huge of a deal.

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

The only one I watch nowadays is PBS NewsHour. They'll frequently have two or more guests on with opposing viewpoints, but they're not allowed to interrupt each other. Over the course of an hour they do a couple of in-depth stories, and now and then they follow up on older stories, unlike the major network news shows, which have the attention span of a fruit fly.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

I don't watch the news on TV very often because what Shiny describes has been getting on my nerves for years. I just get it off the Internet and save a lot of time.