1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New X-Box

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Jun 14, 2010.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

So the new x-box was announced. Ho-hum to me except one thing. $50 bucks for a YEAR of ESPN included! Hello!

Obviously, I am not dropping my FIOS. But if I had CableVision with no other option. Or even worse, TW? Hell yaz. ;)
  2. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

The $50/year is the xbox live gold membership and gives you access to everything on live not just ESPN. Online gaming, video chat, facebook, movies, netflix,(both require a rent fee/movie) tv series... Begs the question "why didn't they incorporate a browser?" now that would have been awesome.
  3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

It's a good deal. Waiting for Sony's turn. :)
  4. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I am so glad I waited to replace our xbox. This sounds really cool. Maybe there will be a decent amount of soccer on the ESPN stuff.
  5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Word has gotten out about some fine print by ESPN:

What this means is that you won't be able to get this content unless your ISP has delivered a truck full of money to ESPN. The good news is that ESPN's list of ISP partners is pretty big, and if you're hooked up to one of the big boys you should be fine.