1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Version of Windows?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Nov 3, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I found this website that seems to have screenshots for the next version of windows. Everything from a new start button, extended task bar, display options, .NET capability, and a bigger clock." Fair number of UI changes, some good, mostly irrelevant, but it's interesting. Wonder if it's real.

Screenshots

Edit, seems to be down atm...

2. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Yeah, the site is very slow, probably getting hammered pretty hard; here are a couple of mirrors listed on that page:

Icrontic (Screenshots removed at Microsoft's request)

Tech-Critic

Interesting, to say the least...

<small>*Edited to update on first mirror...

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Neat shots, no?

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Looks to be nothing more than some shell enhancements. All of which you can do under Linux yourself ;) I've almost got MS out of the house. Almost. I still have a machine that dual boots for some critical work related apps that I have to run and can't take the chance on Wine to run them. Someday though...someday.

5. Sunriser13

They are pretty neat shots, but I know that the hardware I have here certainly wouldn't run it; hell, I'm getting ready to go back to Win2000 Pro as XP Pro has proven so slow on what I have, and has way too much going on in the background for me to feel comfortable with it. My poor firewall gets one hell of a workout each and every day... :)

6. DSL Dan

DSL Dan Registered User

Sunriser, are you running a dinosaur like mine--PII, 350 MHz, 320 MB RAM, 10 + 20 GB HD's, 8 MB video card? :haha:

7. Sunriser13

Dan, it's even worse than that; AMD K6-2 380 (but it benchmarks at 388 MHz, woo-hoo!), 192 MB RAM, using an old 1.2 GB HD I pulled from my cruncher after the 6 gig died, and <i>on-board</i> (...shudder...) video (which burns 8 MB of my RAM)!!!

(... and this is the "big" machine!!! LOL!!!) :haha: