1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New State-By-State Cancer Data Released

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Nov 19, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The U.S. government released its first state-by-state report on cancer on Monday and said it can use the information to find unusual patterns in cancer incidence.

Careful analysis of the data should reveal patterns of disease that may prove important, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (news - web sites), which released the report, said.

The report can be seen on the Internet at http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/transcripts/t021118.htm

Or the news report with a downloadable PDF File of the full report:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...3&u=/nm/20021118/sc_nm/health_cancer_usa_dc_2

2. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

Might wanna fix the link. :)

3. Pyrion

Then again maybe not. ;)

4. ethics

5. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

This could prove to be an extremely important tool for the CDC - they'll be able to detect high-risk areas sooner, hopefully saving some lives in the process.

I think it's great - I'm surprised this wasn't in place before. I thought things like this were already being kept track of.

6. ethics

After re-reading the article, so was I. I honestly didn't know they never did this before and the article pissed me off more than it did anything positive for my outlook on government run "corporations" like CDC.

Oh yeah, I am happy now, but come on. How many years did we waste here while other countries were able to map this information out?

7. Pyrion

Enough years for us to realize that AIDS is actually a problem, I suppose. Either that or somebody walked into the CDC headquarters with a cattle prod.

8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Just a SWAG here, but I suspect that the CDC has little power to order stats from anybody. Could be mistaken.