1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Rule Addition

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, May 3, 2004.

?

Should dramatic goodbyes result in the account being cancelled?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

As requested...

2. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

that completely unexpected... now if i vote against the establishment, is there gonna be a texas/canadian at my door with a chainsaw?

well that could be a good thing ;)

3. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Oh for the love of christ, can't you people let it go?

editted because I realize how looks out of context. So let me further explain.

Just let it go. Stuff happened, I reacted, then chilled out and came back. If the administration of this site wants to be intolerant of emotional reactions, cool beans, then so be it. I personally don't care if you all think of me as a drama queen - for the most part, I am, and I happen to like the person I am. I can't help it if you guys don't agree.

But I would like to request that if stating "goodbye" is a dramatic exit of sorts, then somewhere in that faq posting certain inflammatory things, regardless of intent, must also be addressed. Now you can probably take my request and blow your nose with it, which is fine, but I honestly think it also needs to be addressed, because in the past we've had people post crazy inflammatory stuff that got lots of emotional reactions out of users - almost as if they were baiting people to get pissed off - and that also needs to be addressed.

Honestly, we're not a horrible lot to deal with - we're pretty well-behaved. I don't understand what's the need for the heavey-handed rule in the FAQ for an emotional response, but whatever.

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I think we should let people get pissed and then cool off and change their mind.

5. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

I agree, silly to suggest no one can get pissed off and blurt out 'I quit' I'm leaving' what a silly rule to cancel and account or ban them. Hell BBR doesn't even do that, they allow members to hang themselves wiith the $

6. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

That does it. That's the last straw!
    I'm leaving!
    GOODBYE!!

;)

7. Neo

Neo Banned

Darn if such a rule was already in place half of those now here who post regularly, passionately and voraciously would now be canceled!

Look at it from a humorous angle. If I currently say, (hypothetically) "Leon you stupid immigrant one to many concussions brain dead hockey player, you don't know shit about what is good hockey and what is not!" I would be warned that personal attacks are not allowed. On the other hand if I said "Thats it! I've had enough of this--I am out of here." I would be canceled?

8. John Lindh

John Lindh Registered User

I am very big on integrity but I am also new.

Before I vote, can I get a clarification?

If a person states in a drama form, that they are leaving because of a controversial issue, should they be shown the door? Did I get that right?

Also, is this Misu's first time doing this?

9. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I think canceling the account is a bit drastic and unneeded.

After all, it doesn't happen very often and certainly not enough to justify having this discussion or having it in the FAQ.

Just my $0.02

:)

10. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

Odd that no one who voted yes have bothered to further contribute to the thread. Incidentally, when does the poll come to a close?

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Knock it off, Lynn, ok?

I will be more than glad to ask those people who voted AYE to list themselves here if they want.

12. ethics

Correct.

No, this is not he first time.

And Misu? That apology and explanation belonged in three threads you participated in, not when your back is up against the wall.

Joe? Lovely personal attacks in Misu's blog. It has been noted and I REALLY appreciate it. No really, man. Thanks! Makes me realize how great people are here. This "asshole" is outta here.

People wonder why there are more and more strict rules? Take a look in the mirror. This forum started out as loose as it possibly can be.

13. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

I agree.

Leon you did state you were taking a break for a month, correct? Am I missing something?

And telling Cariad to knock it off? What is that? Shall I tell those I disagree with to knock it off as well? Christ what is going on here?

14. ethics

Yep, I needed to get an address.

15. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

excuse me, did I miss something?

16. John Lindh

John Lindh Registered User

Thanks for the answers. If a person can't control themselves in starting something they won't follow through, there has to be some form of repercussions. Perhaps a full ban is too harsh and a one month ban would be better?

If they do it repeatedly, perhaps then it would be permanent?

I voted yes anyway, I lean towards integrity in a forum like this.

17. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I'm starting to think that the blogs should not be linked to here.
    They are personal, supposed to be personal and while I appreciate the forum for starting them and helping us keep them going, they appear to be taking the place of PM's. I don't think it's appropriate.
    But... what the hell do I know... I'm blonde and old. :)

18. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Folks, this forum has become for many of us a place to meet with friends and aquaitances and discuss issues of the day and even swap jokes. If you regularly met with a group in real life and somebody took the heat one day and marched off would you ban them forever?

We all have times when we ge tmad and say more than we should. Let's not let some heated moments run off friends.

19. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Well then we as friends have to accept that everyone has a bad day and look at saying drastic things, the same way as taking drastic actions. Like you don't think to kill someone because you know there's gonna be consequences. So why would you be one sided and not let communication happen and attack someone over some stupid forum content. People have feelings you know, and this place is a very fair medium. Moderator and members have the same rights only moderators have a bit more headaches but believe me, we get in trouble too. We're not perfect. And we don't feel we're above anyone. Not any one of you here. We stand as your equals. Do we at least get the courtesy in a blow out to not be called names or accused unfairly, without discussion? This whole thing is really a mess....and what happened was very painful to many people and we never want that to happen again. It's happened a few times and it's not a nice feeling. I've said my piece...I hope someone understands what I tried to say. We're all friends here...no one wants anyone to go anywhere. Just like I would never think of disowning my mother or father or brother, just because we had a minor disagreement. If I walked out of their homes and said I'm never coming back, I hate you....they might not want me to come back again for being so thoughtless and inconsiderate. Everyone gets mad...but we have to learn self control when we get to that point and not talk about it but just take a break. Just clear our heads and let the anger subside. Then come back and discuss.

Just like some people don't want this amendment, well the people who get hurt when these things happen, don't want it to happen anymore because they really do try their best. Not only that, this place is a lot of work for some and they do it for all of us. I said enough. I need to go cool off now too. LOL

20. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I probably shouldn't have voted as I do not know the three threads or blog attack, but in a general sense, if one wishes to say good-bye than I see no reason to ban the account.

If one says good-bye and then personaly attacks people in that good-bye (the drama scene) then a temporary ban might serve as an intergrity check for the site. I still think a ban should be voted on by two-thirds of the admin (Moderators) That way one person does not have complete control in an emotional moment. But again, this is just my opinion.

I voted no.