1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PS4 announced.

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Andy, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trolling the Playstation announcement currently in progress.

New PS4 "slim" $299 available 9/15

Waiting on price of PS4K "Neo" to be announced.

Glad I waited. Old ones are still $399 on amazon!

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PS4 Pro. $399. But not until November.

ethics likes this.
  3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Wasn't even aware. :)

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pulled the trigger on the 500GB Slim, no need at all for the Pro/4K for at least a few years until I upgrade TV's again.

It should be here either on the 15th when it's released or a day or so after, depending on how Amazon does the pre-order releases now, I've gotten stuff on my doorstep on release day depending on if they have it in stock earlier.
    Worst case, it will be here by the weekend.

Also snagged the No Man's Sky PS4 disk collectors edition to go with it.

I have ~3 weeks off coming up here at the end of the month to break them both in good. :p

Really looking forward to diving into NMS, despite the shitty reviews the FPS/PvP crowd is screaming about and have already moved onto the next game they will complete in 30 hours.

Been watching a couple of Youtube streamers who do a good job showing it how it really is and they seem to enjoy it as much as I hope to based on the true genre it is.

ethics likes this.
  5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I was cruising through Wally World the other day and just happened to notice some of the 4K TVs they had going on the displays.

There was a HUGE difference between the standard HD televisions and the 4K ones.

**sigh**

Looks like in addition to a console, I forgot that I don't have a television. I just may have to save my pennies for a nice one.

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Holler if you want some coop on some of the games.

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Giddy giddy... shipping tracking shows it will be on my doorstep Sunday. (already got NMS delivered today)

Gives me a whole day tomorrow to run the cat5 from one end of the house to the other via the basement to take advantage of the remote play app.

PS4 Remote Play Windows® PC / Mac

ethics likes this.
  8. Biker

With the Black Friday sales just around the corner, I may be pulling the trigger on a Sharp 4K 55" TV (Wally World will have 'em for 300 bucks). No plans on putting the PS4 Pro on sale at that time, so will wait a bit to see if they drop the prices as Christmas gets closer.

Allene likes this.
  9. Allene

Allene Registered User

Be prepared to stand in line, or are you getting it online?

10. Biker

I'm working during that madhouse. I'll order online before going into work.

11. Allene

Allene Registered User

That's how I do all my Black Friday shopping too.