1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Cariad, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

Is there a new posts link somewhere - it's where I usually start from when I visit the site. If not, is there one planned?

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Upper right corner where it says View New Content.

What style are you using?

3. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

Great, thanks - missed it :)

4. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

I've found that it only displays those posts made since my last log on, not the unread posts as the old system did.

That's a pain if I leave the site before reading all the posts.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

See this post: http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/index.php/topic/62251-whats-not-working-right/page__view__findpost__p__580324

6. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Check your settings on your Control Panel.
    • Upper right corner, click the drop-down by your name, and select "My Settings."
    • Under the General Settings, see the "Search Settings" drop-down.
    • Select "Show me all content I have not read."
    • Save changes, and that should do it for you.

7. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

It still doesn't work the way it used to even if you have it setup correctly, which is why there is the view today's activity link. Even that still isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing.

8. Biker

**sigh**

OK. One more time..

View New Content - Set it up in your profile for view unread, or view since last visit.

There is currently a 5 minute delay from the time something is posted to when it's picked up by Sphinx (which View New Topics is driven by). (No, I will not decrease that time any further.)

View Today's Activity is no different from the old Display Posts from the last 24 hours link from the old software package.

9. tke711

I have mine set up as unread, but it still only shows unread since last visit. If I log off and then log back on a few hours later, any of what was under new content (even if unread) is gone and just new topics with posts since my last login show up.

10. tke711

Just tested it again to make sure..and yep.

There were 7 items from new content, then I signed off and signed back on. When I clicked new content again, it said there were no items, even though I hadn't read those previous 7 threads.

11. Biker

It's either a cookie issue, or a plugin issue. I have no issues with things showing up after Sphinx grabs it.

12. tke711

It happens with FF, IE, Chrome and Safari.