1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Jan 6, 2011.

1. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

I installed the RIFT beta and then it said some Direct X drivers were outdated and it then updated them. After that, it proceeded to tell me that a full re-download would be required.

It is now downloading 7.5GB worth of data and says it will take about 2 hours. It is a good thing I have 35/35 Mbs FiOS otherwise I think this might just take a bit over dial-up :rofl: .
  2. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Yea, I just got that too. About an hour for me.
  3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Mike, you can play now. Sat is the stress test, but they've opened the beta out as of 10AM today.

4. Andy

Handy Rift Soul planner/explorer to see what each soul has to offer.

protip: No soul can have more points in it than the level you are, some levelups give you multiple points as rewards (every 3rd I think?)

It's smart to concentrate on a main soul,(always having max points into it if possible) and one as the 2ndary, adding the 3rd later is only good for getting the basic "free" skills it gives right away, trying to even out your points across all 3 at once will only give you a character that can do a mess of things, but not very strongly.
  5. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Maybe I missed it, but what Shard is everyone playing on?
  6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

7. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Rolled a cleric, named Dunk. Pathetic DPS, lol. Died three times before taking down one noob mob. Sigh. Will try again later tonight after the patch. At this rate it'll be 2 days before I'm out of the starter area.

Still can't get used to using my mouse to look around, had that ability keymapped to my number pad before, can't do it here.
  8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Excellent. Unfortunately, I'm locked out of every shard right now.
  9. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

They just took all servers down for a 30 minute patch, that's why I logged out.