1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neil Young: We should fight climate change instead of ISIS because of carbon footprint

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Greg, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Greg

Greg Full Member

Neil Young: Forget ISIS, Fight Climate Change Instead

The really scary part? That so many people (liberals) listen to Hollywood freaks when they decide who and what to vote for.

What we really need to solve the global warming problem is judicious use of the principles of Scientology. (No, I can't find any connection between Young and Scientology, proving he's just an idiot, not a total idiot.)

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Global cooling.
    Global warming.
    Arctic ice cap going to be GONE in 6 years.
    Bird Flu.
    Swine Flu.
    Ebola.

Some people NEED conflict and strife in their lives.

I read recently that the leftists are saying that with Texas' new voter ID law, 600,000 otherwise legal Texas citizens will be adversely impacted, a majority being poor minorities.

Texas has 26,000,000 residents. So roughly 5% of everyone in Texas doesn't have a form of photo ID? Texas' voter ID law 1) accepts many different forms of ID, to include driver's license, state issued ID, concealed carry permit, passport, birth certificate, military ID, AND 2) permits residents to obtain an ID specifically for voting FREE of charge. And the law provides birth certificate replication for the purpose of obtaining a voter ID for a whole... two bucks.

If so many people needed an ID in order to vote, if it were SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND, a staggering number, you would think there would be at the very least, tens of thousands of people obtaining those ID's, with the rest being somehow unable to get there to obtain one.

The last number I heard who got the ID was 126. There may be a dozen more by now.

The fact is that their claim, their number, is ridiculous. Like so many panic driven arguments, they pull these things out of their asses. And the fact is, there ARE fraudulent votes, and they know it.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I drove to jfk yesterday and listened to the repeat of this on Howard.
    What a whackadoodle. I was almost positive he was a half sylable away from blaming the jews for everything at one point.
    Another one that just needs to shut up and sing.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

But Neil, what about your pro-war paean, "Let's Roll?"

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

It was a typically excellent Howard Stern interview. Young checked the celebrity I'm-wacky-on-at-least-one-issue box (yes, Neil, you can afford to convert a Lincoln Continental to bio-fuel), complete with rapid fire citations of statistics a la Alex Jones, but the parts of the interview about his music, his relationship with Crosby, and other stuff were fabulous.

Neil Young and Rick James in the same band as teenagers -- who woulda thunk it.

6. Greg

Greg Full Member

I remember when Neil Young made lots of great music. I have several of his albums, all the way from Buffalo Springfield to Crazy Horse to when Neil added the Y to CSN, and his solo albums..... I smoked a lot of dope in those days. Everybody did. They took lots of other things too (not me -- and it's been years since I had anything stronger than a Martini). I guess maybe Neil took too much of the stronger stuff... and kept doing it. They say it will fry your brains. (Remember the "this is your brain on drugs" frying egg PSA?) :)

By his same reasoning, we shouldn't resist ebola, because the result of widely spread ebola (a pandemic) would lessen the carbon footprint of mankind. A dead body is bound to release a certain amount of carbon into the environment, but it's going to release the same amount whether you die now or die later. However, the sooner you die the less opportunity you have to engage in other carbon releasing excesses.

So I think that maybe Niel should come out with a public position FOR ebola, because of ebola's beneficial effect on mankind's carbon footprint.

What really pisses me off is the huge numbers of American voters who are influenced by Hollywood/entertainment pukes like Neil Young. He should have stuck to what he did well: music, and he should STFU about things his burned out brains are incapable of comprehending.

7. Sierra Mike

8. Sierra Mike

9. Allene

Allene Registered User

He must be getting senile. According to Wiki, he has retained his Canadian citizenship, despite living in California since the 60s. At least he lives here. I can think of some people back home who try to tell me all about what is going on here in the United States and expect me to take them seriously. So annoying!

10. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

They probably get their "news" from the same place the morons that try to tell me what it's really like get it. Farcebook.

11. Allene

Allene Registered User

Some of them, yes. One of them gets if off a subscription to the NYT Sunday edition, along with liberal doses of CNN.

12. Greg

Greg Full Member

I guess the liberals get their dose of liberal poison on CNN/MSNBC/etc, while we conservatives (at least me) get our dose of conservative poison on Fox News Network. I rarely miss the Greta Van Susteren, Bill O'Reilly, Megyn Kelly & Sean Hannity's shows. Hey, it depends on your world view. I can't help it if Greta, Bill, Megyn and Sean perfectly elucidate what I believe is the true reality. I started watching them because their viewpoints agree with mine. I didn't have no viewpoint and then start watching them and get brainwashed.

I guess if you believe strongly in Global Warming and all the other liberal agenda then Neil Young probably reinforces your (warped IMO) world view. Never mind the inconsequential stuff like their idols are hypocrites flying around in personal jets, vacationing in private yachts, touring in carbon spewing buses/RVs.

Maybe I'm just biased but it appears to me that the levels of hypocrisy in liberals are only exceeded by the ability of their followers to not recognize the hypocrisy of their idols, or to ignore it and brush it off as inconsequential. ("We are on a mission for the greater good, and because of our high purpose we may be excused for violating our own principles.")

I keep thinking of the old adage: "Do as I say, not as I do."

13. dsl987

dsl987 Member

14. Sierra Mike

It doesn't matter. Obviously, Neil thinks that getting to a set rested and on time is more important than "saving the ecology" or what have you. The subtext is, "I don't care, you little peon, I've got my $65 million and I'll spend it on jets if I want to. Now go back to your $35,000-$100,000 life and leave me be."

15. Greg

Greg Full Member

This also relates to all the anti-gun liberals (like Rosie) who believe private citizens should not have guns, except that she hires a private armed security service to protect her.

The lesson: If you are a rich liberal you can be anti-gun for everybody else and at the same time you can have gun carrying guards so you don't have to worry about your own personal safety.

Evidently the safety of celebrities matter more to Rosie than the safety of average citizens such as most of our forum members.