1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need your prayers,g uys....

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Misu, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

My mom's in the hospital. Been there since about 5 pm yesterday. Been at the dr's with her since 10 am. She's really sick, doc doesn't know with what.

When we were at the dr's office yesterday, she started becoming unstable. They had to give her some shots to stop the nausea, and the dr recommended she go to the hospital right from his office.

She started out with a weird, burning pain in her leg, between her knee and hip, and then it just got worse from there. It's all over her body, and she's got a really really bad headache. She put her pain on 10 from that 1 to 10 pain scale. Dr is worried that there's a really bad infection somewhere in her body, and has ordered a battery of tests.

The good news is that they started with a massive attack of antibiotics last night, and she's feeling A LOT better today. She sounds almost normal again. She has a headache still, but not like yesterday. Her body also hurts, but not like yesterday.

I'm going to call her doctor now to see if he can tell me what the results of her preliminary tests are, and find out why he's ordering xrays from other parts of her body. It's been a really fucking long day yesterday, and today doesn't look like it's going to be any better. Today is also the first day of class for an important class I'm registered for this term, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to go - gotta take care of my 6 year old sister while mom's in the hospital. I haven't showered, I have no change of clothes, and my sister is being bratty today (to be expected, she's really worried about mom). I'm having super back pains and now I have a new pain in my neck and shoulders that started yesterday morning, while at the dr's office.

After all this, I think I'll be checking myself in to a hospital as well. I could use the break and pampering :p

So pray for my mom guys. She needs it.

thanks.

2. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

I will pray for BOTH of you. My best thoughts to your mother.

And, BTW missy girl, You can just check into a DAY SPA. That will be MUCH better than a hospital, I think. You know, get all spread with mud and shit like that. The get pampered and massaged. YES, much better than a smells like pine-sol hospital. *winks*

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

We are with you Misu. Sounds like her doctor got right on it, a good sign.

4. IamZed

IamZed ...

Yes, I will keep you both in my thoughts. I hope by tonight you will have better news to post.

5. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

Misu we are all think of you and your mom. Best wishes.
    But don't check in the hospital they never let you sleep!!!

6. claire

claire Registered User

Best wishes for your Mum Misu.
    You are both in my prayers.Let us know if as I hope she's getting better.

7. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

You have my prayers also Misu.
    Thanks for being their when I went though the same problems with my wife.
    Anything I can do...ask.

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

You got me as well, Misu, for both you and your mom.

Remember: you are not alone in there.

9. jamming

jamming Banned

Like I said in another thread Misu, I am only three hours away if you or your husband ever need anything, luck.

10. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Find a nice resort instead. Hospital food usually is barely edible.

Best wishes for your mom, though. Sounds like she is in good hands.

11. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I'll keep your mom in my prayers today Misu. Get some rest yourself and think positive, OK?

12. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

13. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

I am so sorry to hear of your mum's illness and your distress. I hope both are quickly and easily healed.

Take care!

14. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

The both of you have my thoughts and prayers as well. I f you have too, take the course at another time when the stress is less. Health is way too important to worry about a single course in the scheme of things. Keep in touch.

15. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

I hope they diagnose her soon and get her the treatment she needs.

16. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I wish her well. I wish you well.

17. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers. I appreciate it. You guys are the best :)

Doc told us today that she's got a kidney infection, and the antibiotics they've been giving her since last night have done a tremendous amount of good for her. She's able to eat very well and she's no longer nauseous. The doc told us that with kidney infections, people usually die when they go into shock - he also told us that my mother wasn't too far off from going into shock when she came in to see him yesterday. So it looks like we caught it right on time.

He said that she was showing all the symptoms for a kidney infection, but in an atypical order - normally, the leg in the pain is something that shows up well into an infection, not one that just started. I talked about that with my mom after the doc left, and she was like "OHHH YEAH... a couple of weeks ago, I felt a slight burning whenever I went to the bathroom, so I started drinking cranberry juice and it went away - I completely forgot about that!!" So it looks like my mom's been sick for a while, but just didn't show any symptoms until she was almost to the point of reaching shock.

They're testing her to make sure she's got no blood clots anywhere - the doc has ordered some more meds to make sure that doesn't happen, and they're putting them in through IV. So I'm happy to report that hopefully, by tomorrow, I'll have my mommy back at her house, safe and sound and feeling much better :)

In other news, my husband's grandmother was just admitted into the hospital :( She's 87 years old, and she's been fighting a really bad case of bronchitis for months. I don't know what's going on with her, but the little bit that we've been told is that after spending ALL DAY in the ER, they're finally admitting her RIGHT NOW, as I type this - 11:30 pm.... I swear, hospitals... ugh. They kept an 87 year old woman waiting in the ER's waiting room, despite the fact she's really sick and was having trouble breathing.... So could you guys pray for her now? She's a sweetie, and at 87, she's damned cool. I'm not ready to lose her just yet.

Thanks guys.

18. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Great news about your mom, Misu. I hope there are no clots at all and she will be home soon.

Sorry to hear about Alf's grandma though and will keep her in my thoughts.

19. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Whoops! I was late. Glad to hear your mom is on the path to recovery. Hope your mom-in-law has a similar experience.

I've walked into an emergency room covered in blood, and walked back out in frustration two hours later. I really don't understand the prioritization criteria in those places...

20. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Glad to hear about your mom and have more prayers queued up for Alf's grandma!