1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[NBA] Cavaliers or Cadavaliers?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by bruzzes, Dec 21, 2002.

1. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I have watched the last two games on TV between the Cavs and Detroit.

Both games went into OT.

The Cavs are really a fun team to watch at times.
    They are so young that there are moments of fast exciting basketball and moments where it is almost painful to watch.

They are finally on the road to develop into a fine basketball team in a year or two. We seem to travel this road every two or three years, always in an influx of re-building.

This time I actually believe we have a good core to start with.
    Although they are 5 and 20+ something by the end of the year they should be much improved. Perhaps to the point of falling out of the lottery for Lebron James.

Cleveland will never see Lebron even if they has 999 ping pong balls out of a 1000.

I really hope they realize this also.

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Perpetual rebuilding plain sucks. It's leadership without vision or consistency. We had that in Houston when we had Don Chaney, getting Rudy T in here and sticking with him is paying off. 2 championships and a team that is a rising powerhouse now is a testament to his coaching vision. The owner, Les Alexander, he is active but gives the final decisions to Rudy T and staff. Rudy has made some bad decisions, but overall you can't argue that the franchise is going places.

3. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I do hope our plan works this time.
    I am encouraged by the Houston plan and hope we have the vision. Getting rid of Shawn Kemp, Wes Person and Cedric Henderson was a step in the right direction.

The new kid Dujaun Wagner will be a force in the coming years.
    Ricky Davis is already moving his game up a notch and Boozer may be the Duke exception to the usual under performance of the Duke players.

You do know that when Shaq gets old, Ming will be their next center.;)

All the great centers end up there...

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

LOL! I dunno... It's like 85% of Yao Ming's salary goes to the Chinese government, so bumping the contract up a million only makes a $150k difference, and one of the things he's learned to like around Houston is its international appeal. We have a large Chinatown, he's a huge celebrity there, and this town has adopted him like a son. The Rockets will do everything they can to keep him too, for more than one reason. His movie-star appeal in China has instantly created about 800 million Rockets fans.

He's a genuinely nice guy too. I have to admit, I was a huge skeptic at first, but that's one of the things that's impressed me about him. He came here knowing that things would be different and that he needed to represent himself, and he's been nothing but very decent and gracious. He's a fast study too... Rudy T already has him dialed in and racking up 25 pt / 15 reb games on a steady basis.

BTW, Shaq is already getting old... fat... whiny... Taking lessons from Kemp. Lakers are sucking ass right now.

I think Yao is here to stay. And there is very little about the Rocket's roster that looks weak. They need a season to gel and get in a groove, but Stevie Franchise, Cat Mobley and the Ming Dynasty are locked up in long term contracts, and gonna be a force for many years.

5. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Ahhh, thank God for naitivity.

Long term contracts do not matter anymore.
    Marketing is the new term now, and Marketing will find the way to move Ming to the Lakers. Mark my words.

I am a cynic when Professional sports are concerned so please do not take my comments personally. But business rules sports.

I am also an old man who remembers the glory days of yore.
    Have pity on me, for change comes hard to those of us who remembers the past.

I do hope I am wrong and that there is some vestige of propitiatory recompense left to return to the values of what sports use to be.