1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My xbox broke again

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Cariad, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

It has to go back AGAIN for repair.

Words fail me:friggin::banghead:
  2. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

That's just ridiculous. This is what, the 3rd time???
  3. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

4th if you count the time the power cord blew, but that time I didn't send it back.

This time the disc drive won't spin, I get the 'unreadable disc' error whatever disc is in there.
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Gah, I want my wife back. I totally misread the title of this thread.

Lord help me.
  5. MNeedham73

6. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

lol, I'm not even going to ask.
  7. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

That is insane. I count my lucky stars that mine has never been a problem. Wonder what my expierience would have been if I had ended up with the next one in their inventory....
  8. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

That sucks Cariad...sorry to hear that.

Maybe it's time to get that PS3 or Wii, since their failure rate is at only 3%, compared with the XBox's 16%!!!! ;)
  9. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

If only either of those systems were worth owning.
  10. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

I received an email from them this morning explaining to me how to pack it, how to send it back and for me to remember to insure it.

SAY WHAT! They seriously wanted me to pay for insurance, shipping and handling. A quick phone call rectified that and I've just fired off an email to some execs.

Seriously, how many times does this have to break before they send me a new one.

It's 10 months old, and after this repair it will have been out for repair for a total of 3 months. Un friggin believable.
  11. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

Well hells bells after firing off those emails yesterday I actually got a phone call today from some exec. customer service person who has been assigned to expedite my gripe and make my time without my xbox as painless as possible.

She canceled my repair order and has assured me everything will be shipped overnight delivery.

Instead of the normal 21+ day repair turnaround, it should take a week from start to finish. She gave me a direct line so I can get in touch with her any time.

She told me she would personally monitor the repair process and keep me informed. I told her other that the fact the darn thing kept breaking my biggest annoyance was the amount of time the repair takes from start to finish - after this repair it would have been 3 months with no xbox.

Anyway, we'll see - I'm suppose to get the empty box by Thursday as opposed to next Wednesday.
  12. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Boo on them. At this point, they should give you a new one.
  13. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

If you have 10, 8, and 5-year olds the Wii is golden. :love:
  14. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

True to her word, the customer service rep who's been assigned to me has moved things along. I received the empty box this morning a good 5 days before I would would have received it had I not written the emails.

It's already on it's way back to Texas and I'm hoping it'll be back by Tuesday.
  15. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

I hope it doesn't happen again. Good they're more aware of you now. I think if it does happen again, I'd demand a new one. Are they extending the warranty on it with each repair?
  16. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

Oh they're aware of me alright. Within 20 minutes of hubby taking the box to fed-ex I received an email off the lady who's been assigned to my case informing me they should receive my xbox by tomorrow afternoon. She's definitely monitoring the tracking.
  17. MNeedham73

Hmm..maybe I shouldn't say that I'm playing Mass Effect on mine right now. :angel:

18. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

I'm chewing my Nails scanning the tv channels trying to find something on worth watching.

I MISS MY XBOX!!!!!
  19. MNeedham73

I feel your pain. I was without mine for nearly 6 weeks. It sucked big time.
  20. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

At least Lost is on tonight