1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Niece Could Use Some Prayers, or

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by FrankF, Jan 28, 2003.

1. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

Warm Thoughts, Warm Fuzzies, Good Vibes, etc.

My niece Tammy was critically injured in an auto crash on Saturday night http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20943~1140092,00.html

The left side of her face looks like a pepperoni pizza, she has no teeth left, broken jaw, two collapsed lungs (on a respirator), torn intestines, broken pelvis two or more places, broken right leg, broken ankle, broken left wrist, left arm looks like pepperoni pizza too, and has had seven pints of blood since Saturday night. Her blood pressure is screwed up too... 125/53

She arrived at the ER conscious and able to tell her name, address, and phone number... but has been unconscious since. Doctors say they are keeping her in a drug induced coma and they so far don't think she has TBI... according to CT scans and other tests. But who knows... all that other damage... and no TBI too?

Please say a prayer, sent warm thoughts, warm fuzzies, good vibes, etc for Tammy.

Thanks,
    FrankF

edit: Frank, just corrected the spelling of the title (hope you don't mind)

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Will definitely think of her and do my own kinds of prayers for her, Frank.

3. martissimo

martissimo Veteran Member

I will certainly send a prayer her way

4. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

What an agonizing torture to go through.
    Being in a coma is the best way for the body to heal itself. At least in a coma, the pain is shut off. My prayers are with her and also with you.

5. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

Absolutely, Frank!

6. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Prayer and Faith can do great things, Frank. I am proof of that. Have already started a prayer chain for your niece and for you and yours to find the strength to handle what lies ahead. She is young and getting good care. Whenever you need to unburden yourself of doubt and worry, we are here. For that is what friends, family and this great place is all about.

Mike

7. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

My very best wishes for the speediest recovery possible.
    It is amazing how the body can heal itself.
    Your niece and all her family are in my thoughts.

8. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

Prayers for her are on the way Frank.

9. pcysmith

pcysmith Paula

I'm doing it now, Frank. God bless.

10. claire

claire Registered User

My prayers go to your niece Frank.

I wish her a full and speedy recovery

11. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

My thoughts are of you and your niece, Frank.
    I've also asked a 'practitioner', of my acquaintance, to 'work' for your niece.
    I'm suspect that you don't know what that means, but, no matter;
    who knows if it'll help, and it certainly can't hurt, eh?

Regards,

12. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Whoa, dude...sending her my best.

SM

13. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

14. IamZed

IamZed ...

That was bad. She is alive. Of course my heart and thoughts are for her. She is alive. Just be there. when she is released from the hospital she will still be severely damaged and you will walk by her side.
    Put your problems in a drawer for a bit. Help.

15. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

My thoughts and prayers to Tammy and all of her family.

16. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Frank, I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. I will send her as much karma as I can. She and your family are in my thoughts.

17. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Oh Frank :( Will say a big prayer for her. Keep us posted please.

18. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Frank, I'm sorry that your niece was so badly injured. I will speak of her to my spirit guides so that they may watch over her...

BDD...

19. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

The prayers of my wife and I are with you all now Frank....

Stay safe all....

20. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

Update: My Niece Could Use Some Prayers...

Thanks all for the prayers and warm fuzzies...
    My niece Tammy regained consciousness yesterday... but she is talking about things that never happened or didn't happen the way she remembers... not making a whole lot of sense. Could be the meds... or traumatic brain injury (TBI)... or both (I suspect TBI though). She has two broken ribs and a punctured lung, but is off of the respirator. No more blood transfusions since Monday... so hopefully whatever was bleeding inside has fixed itself. Keep those prayers coming... she still needs them.
    Frank