1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must ban all sharp objects before it's too late...

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Greg, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Since when has something like that caused Congress to pass thoughtful and meaningful legislation?

Here's the thing. As much as I'd like to believe that Congress will be unable to pass anything meaningful regarding gun control, their past record belies that belief. I suspect what we're going to end up with is some pretty awful legislation that will create more issues than it solves.
  2. Allene

Allene Registered User

And this legislation will be via EO?
  3. Biker

Executive Orders don't fall under the guise of "legislation". Two completely different animals.
  4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yeah, I should have put it in quotes. What I really meant is will he go right ahead and substitute an EO? That seems to be his favorite solution to road blocks to whatever he wants.

5. Biker

We'll have to see what it is first. He's keeping that bit fairly close to his chest, so we really don't know what he's planning.
  6. Allene

Allene Registered User

Is he free to make as many EOs as he wants? Is there a cut-off point somewhere? What does the rest of the government do with a president who uses an EO to get his way all the time? Is there any legal precedent for this? Does everyone just pretend it didn't happen? Can the Supreme Court at least smack him on the hand if he keeps doing that?
  7. Biker

Executive Orders must comply with existing law. He can't create new laws by Executive Order. If he attempts to do so, SCOTUS most likely will smack him for it.
  8. Allene

Allene Registered User

Well, that's good to know. He's threatening to do that with gun control. Is there already something in the gun control laws that'll let him go ahead with an EO legally? He's also making noises about doing the same with the debt ceiling. Does he have a legal rigth to do that?
  9. Greg

Greg Full Member

The "rest of the government" is the executive, the legislative and the judicial. The executive must comply with his executive orders, although I believe within limits and may be challenged. The legislative and judicial, not a chance! (Thank God!)

The citizenry? The prez can say anything he wants and write on paper if he likes, but we have the Constitution, and whatever prez orders if it contradicts the Constitution then there's going to be a hell of a dog fight.

I wish I had the original of one of Obama's EOs. I'd love to use it to wipe my ass even if it caused me to suffer anal pain for a few days. It would be worth it.

What the hell, I'm already suffering anal pain caused by Obama.
  10. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks! I needed to get back to speed on all that. He is coming across to me as someone who wants his way with everything really bad, so I'm feeling a bit better that there are still enough checks and balances there to get in his way. Yeah, he makes me hurt too--all over!
  11. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Well, the town of Weston (just above where I live) is already considering legislation that directly contravenes Connecticut state law.

Read all about the remarkable overreach, and make sure you burn your crossbow.

I've written to all my "representatives," state and federal, and I get the same templated response: we intend to ban "assault rifles," we intend to reduce mag capacity, we intend to do this, intend to do that...anything but actually SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

Curiously, all are Dems. This party has completely lost me.
  12. Allene

Allene Registered User

I'm hoping that that they'll eventually try to go so far that they'll get smacked down! Speaking of crossbows, I've just started reading a new Peter Robinson police procedural that involves a murder via a crossbow. It's set in Yorkshire.
  13. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I'm hearing from more than one source that all the gunshot wounds were from pistols, that there were four of them, and that the "assault" rifle was in the trunk of his car. So the dumbass medical examiner who was acting all like anti-gun this and that and knew everything about gunshot wounds from his extensive experience (even though he came off as a retard to anyone who actually knew anything), was deadass wrong and all the political anti-assault weapon bullshit about saving the babies is misplaced, at least in this case.
  14. Greg

Greg Full Member

I think this is the same shit we always see when some weirdo steps off the deep end... will amount to nothing in another month.

I wonder why they didn't call for a ban on diesel fuel and fertilizer when McVeigh stepped off the deep end.

It would be great if somebody assassinated a president by running him over with a car. I'd love to see the
    Dems arguing that private cars should be banned and that public transit should be required by law.

And then they'd have an armed shotgun sitting right seat to keep an eye on the passengers, and keep an eye on the driver, and they'd have an undercover officer to keep an eye on the shotgun guy in case he flips out, and probably some secret police officer to keep an eye on them all and report back to the KGB... er... I mean to the FBI, if anybody misbehaves.
  15. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Aaand, I'm seeing from other sources that this isn't correct, which would make the MSM, ummm, WRONG.

I know, big shock there.
  16. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

17. Greg

Greg Full Member

I'm not so sure that measure will keep our children safe. Perhaps they should propose reducing that to no features. Then all those nasty things that spit and spray bullets could be gotten rid of entirely and our children would be completely safe. Anything with zero or more features of an assault weapon would be categorized as an assault weapon. Do you think that would make the liberals happy?

Well.... I mean they would be completely safe when we add sharp objects such as sharpened sticks to the ban. We would obviously also have to ban objects capable of sharpening objects. For example, a knife could be used to sharpen a stick, so knives would have to be banned. In the future all chicken, beef, pork and other meats would be sold only in ground form, because with no knives people would have no means to cut their steaks and roasts.

I still think they're missing their big chance to ban private motor vehicles. There is a hell of a lot of kinetic energy in an automobile traveling 60 mph, and even at 25 mph there's enough kinetic energy to kill a person if the vehicle was directed at them. The liberals already want to move everybody to public transit, and they're doing everything possible to make cars smaller and smaller. The potential of using a motor vehicle as a homicide weapon is a clear and present danger, one that could be completely avoided if all private vehicles are banned.
  18. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

One of the consequences of the current mania:

Attached Files:

19. Allene

Allene Registered User

20. Andy

We're here from the Gummit.. etc.. etc..