1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr. Robot

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by SixofNine, Aug 19, 2016.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Great show, and if you're watching it the most recent episode completely blew my mind. I find myself pausing the show to study the shots of hackers' computer screens. It's nice to see attention being paid to keeping it real, unlike major network deus ex machina crap that you see on some of the major network shows.

Here's a rundown of some of tools that you see being used by hackers.

Exploring the Hacker Tools of Mr Robot | HackerTarget.com

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

To see most of that, just snag a copy of Kali Linux. It's all part of the distro. :D

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I tried.

I really, really tried.

I suffered through Season one only to be chased away by season 2 and removed it from my DVR schedule about 2 weeks ago.

There is just *something* about this show, ether the format, the monotonous tone of the voiceover or how they drag a storyline along kicking and screaming that I just can't take it any longer.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

5. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Are we now assuming that everyone has a Slate subscription? :p Bastards won't even let me scroll down the page.

Anyway, I like the show. Flimsy plot line? Maybe a little. But it's keeping my attention in a Lost sort of way. Yes they're dragging it out, but dammit they got me hooked enough that I need to see what happens next. I got sucked in. I'll admit it.

Now if you're looking for a strong plot line combined with the right casting and excellent directing look no further (farther?) than Stranger Things.

ethics likes this.
  6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Been hearing a lot about that show.

7. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Stranger Things was a lot of fun, but I like Mr. Robot, so take that for what it's worth. :D