1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Player Recommendations

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by jimeez, Apr 2, 2007.

1. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Ok. Gave it a try this morning. Works pretty well. Is it possible to configure it to automatically create a sub folder within the directory for the artist or the album if the artist already exists?

<strike>Also, I like my tracks named by track number then the name of the song. For example: "01-In_the_Meantime.mp3". I have not been able to configure it to do that.</strike> ...figured this one out

2. ravital

ravital Banned

3. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Nice suggestion, Rav. Thank you.

4. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

5. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Thanks, Lindsay.

Man, I think I am making this way more difficult than it needs to be. For Christ's sake, I am only jogging. LOL

7. Greg

Greg Full Member

Your avitar is exactly the way I picture you in my mind's eye! :)

[​IMG]

8. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Windows Media Player rips to MP3 also, ya know :)

9. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Holy Thread Resurrection!

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on a Creative Zen 32 Gb. It's one of the biggest capacity flash units I've found. Plus, it's got SD card support, as well as Audible support.

Those of you who have Creative products: are you still satisfied with them?

10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Extremely. I have no complaints about my ZEN V Plus. Well, the default headphones were a bit weak, but they were certainly adequate. Other than that I am quite satisfied.

11. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

I've got the 30gb Zen Vision:M and I've been extremely happy with it. Sounds kick ass in my car.

12. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

I've had my Creative Zen Vision M 60gig for 18 months and I have had no problems with it. The sound card and speakers on my PC are both Creative brand. Go for it. I reckon they make a good product.

13. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

14. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Bought the Zen. It arrived Monday, and I was using it on this morning's commute. I'll have a full review in a few days, but I really like it so far.

15. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

I'm interested to hear what you think of it. The Zen Vision M is a hard disc player. I'm not clear on the pros and cons of a flash drive player.

16. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Glad to see you posting here again!

Flash pros are no moving parts, smaller size, vibration doesn't effect sound, cons are higher price, lower capacity.

I have a 3 year old Nano Ipod with 4meg flash. Still works real well, but I'd much rather not have to choose which music and podcasts I put on it, 4Megs will hold only about half of my music, let alone needing space for podcasts. With the newer ones playing video, I could see needing 30 or more as a minimum. Then again the size and reliability is impressive.

17. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Thanks. Been off listening to music and eating Vegemite and the like, as one does.

Yes, I've noticed the flash players have smaller capacity. That is bound to change in time I'd imagine.

Too much capacity is never enough. :D