1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie of 2018

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Dec 8, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I can't name one and have not seen any of these on this list.

What's everyone's much watch movie of 2018?

The Best Movies of 2018

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

I think the only 2018 movie I've watched is nothing you guys would be interested in. I read the book some years ago. It's a World War II love story called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Mostly I watch series on Netflix and Amazon Prime, etc.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Best movie I've seen in years.

If it doesn't win anything, especially Rami Malik for best actor, the entire industry is shit.

4. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I have seen none of these movies. I had heard about (who in the US hasn't) about Black Panther, I saw an ad for Roma out of the corner of my eye on Drudge and that's been it.

If I was interested in Comedies With Romantic Overtones, Welcome to Marwin would be on my list. I can fully relate to Steve Carroll's character having a life-altering moment then spend years recovering and finally becoming strong enough and having a support network that enables him to face his fears. That support network being five beautiful women doesn't hurt either. ;-)

I will probably go see this one in the theater just to give the money to the studio. We all need to see more stories like this.

5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Of the list I only saw Black Panther from Netflix. While entertaining it will not be a movie I watch a second time. Most superhero movies fall into that category. I cannot help but think it did not rank as competitive for this viewer and many Oscar nominated movies I have seen in the past.

ethics likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

IMO Black Panther was the least-best Marvel flick ever.

I couldn't understand what all the hubbub was about.

I mean, sure, we "needed' an origin story for where Avengers 3 would happen\end, but JFC, Black Widow and Hawkeye have been around a LOT longer in the MCU and we'll never see their own standalone movie.

ethics likes this.
  7. ethics

He's black.

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So's Nick Fury, but we're barely getting his origin story via Captain Marvel, and all we got for falcon was"he was in the military"

9. Arc

Arc Full Member

He's not Nick Fury. He's Samuel L. Jackson. One of the best actors and most dominant screen personalities ever. No matter the character he will always be first and foremost SLJ when you are watching him, (if you catch my meaning.)

If he had made more of the the type of movies that the Hollywood Elites like then he would have, (IMO), a fistfull of Oscars.

As of 2016 his films had grossed more money than any other actor. (Bet none of you knew that.) Over 16 billion dollars.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  10. MemphisMark

Frankly, I'd be more interested in the bald female supporting actor. And Valkyrie, if I ever get around to watching Ragnarok.

11. ethics

To be fair, the narrative being pushed by White Liberals and not other black people.

12. MemphisMark

It's Hollywood. Of course it's a White Liberal narrative.

ethics likes this.