1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Movie] Goon

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

No hockey movie can approach the incomparable Slap Shot, but I just discovered Goon (free on Amazon Prime), and I love it. It stars a surprisingly good Seann William Scott, a fabulous Liev Schreiber, and Kim Coates (Tig from Sons of Anarchy).

There are a lot of funny one-off lines and silly hockey shit a la Slap Shot. Just about everything the TV announcer says is funny, and Blackie, check out the two Russian teammates; they're a riot.

It was directed and co-written by Jay Baruchel, who also has a funny supporting role.

Edit, whoops, I confused the movie I watched, Goon (2011) with its sequel, Goon, Last of the Enforcers, which is slated for release in 2017. Baruchel did not direct the original, but he produced it. One of his co-writers is Evan Goldberg, who is Seth Rogen's writing partner.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

You JUST saw it? Jesus, Brian.

3. SixofNine

F U, Blackie. :D

ethics likes this.
  4. SixofNine

Apropos to today's kerfuffle about the National Anthem, and a good example of the sportscaster having some funny things to say. :)

5. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

I watched that a few years ago on Prime. Wake up, this is the 21st Century! :rolf-53:

ethics likes this.
  6. SixofNine

Hey, you just broke the third man in rule. :D

7. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

My apologies. :bonk-57:

I ain't that good of a player anyway, so I'll take the two-minute minor for the team.