1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Term Elections

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by SixofNine, Sep 8, 2014.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

I live that term. :)

3. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

At this point, we are all living that term ;)

Jerry

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yikes, I meant to say I LIKE that term!

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

LOL @ The Daily Beast...right off the bat, they break out the castle trumpets:

"Voters agree with the Democrats on nearly every issue, and the GOP is offering nothing."

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Still, they're tearing Barry a new one.

In that article is the whopper that Obama claims that he wasn't necessarily referring to ISIS in his "JV" comment.

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

For sure, but the author seems to be very eager to say, "Look, I have concerns, but I'm not one of them."

8. Greg

Greg Full Member

Just don't start counting Congressional seats before the election is over. There is some basic failure for the Republican party to connect with voters. I haven't seen anything change except the shit getting deeper.

I shuddered when there was talk about Romney running again in 2016. He's the reason I didn't even vote in 2012. In fact none of the Republican contenders interested me.

One of the Democrat strategies is preemptive strikes against all Republican contenders: Chris Christie, Rick Perry. They'll nail Ted Cruz if they can find the right hammer.

All I can say is don't over-estimate yourself and don't under-estimate your enemy.

And worse, Obama is planning on re-shaping the nation as soon as the election is over. He is definitely going to legalize millions of illegal immigrants, that's surer than the sun rising in the east. And once it's done it's going to be too late to take it back. And no matter how many seats the Republicans gain in Congress they'll never gain enough seats to override a Presidential veto, nor carry a successful impeachment.

The Republicans need somebody with charisma. Nobody had it last election. I'd vote for Cruz or Perry if they ran, although here inn La-La Land my vote doesn't count.

9. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Just out of curiosity, what is with your avatar?