1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Outlook Weirdness

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Allene, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

I don't even know what to call this problem! It's a recent development. I receive an email in my in-box with attachments. I respond to the email. I go back later and instead of seeing the email I replied to in-box, what I have instead is my reply to that email, along with the text of the original below, but the attachments have vanished. I can't find them in the trash either. The program is saving my reply in the IN-box and destroying my attachments. Has anyone else had a problem like this? It is driving me nuts! Now I have to immediately save the attachments to my hard drive before the system eats them. I also don't care too much for having all my sent mail in my in-box and my original in-box mail deleted.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Is this Outlook the program, or Outlook the service?

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

I have Microsoft Office 365. I guess Microsoft Outlook is part of that package? I don't see it listed in the programs at Control Panel. I'm on Windows 10 (the free upgrade that took 24 hours to download), but that was last year. The problem I am having with my mail is more recent--over the past few weeks at most.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Some of my problems with Outlook are probably a result of flipping back and forth between my regular laptop and the little notebook I use when I'm traveling. So if this isn't making any sense to you, it's okay.