1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft is killing itself

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Biker, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

It's not often I agree fully with John Dvorak, but he hit a grand slam home run with this one.

Microsoft Believes It is Going to Die | John C. Dvorak | PCMag.com

Even with the announcement of Windows 10, I still firmly believe Microsoft is still missing the boat by attempting to shoe horn a single OS into desktop and mobile computing.

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

That's what happens to a tech company that innovates NOTHING. Microsoft should die. All they have ever done is take other people's ideas, bootleg them, and/or buy those other companies and absorb them. Microsoft has been a predatory company, not a good company for the consumer.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

I have been wondering how much longer they would last. What do you envision will happen after they disappear?

4. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

MS started its predatory mannerisms when Bill Gates bought the rights to 86-DOS (later MS-DOS) from SCP for under $1 Million total.

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

I have an old 32-bit Intel PC that won't install Win7-Win8. I have already downloaded and burned the Debian 32-bit for my old PC.

I'll save the (small) HDD with 2k on it and I'll install Debian to a newly formatted HDD. I have a 250MB handy with nothing on it.

I'm doing a lot of server work lately anyway, need a practice system, and also need the utility to be able to run cron jobs and transfer files between my various servers...