1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelle Obama top 4 list of most admired women?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Greg, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Greg

Greg Full Member

I don't get it. All she did was fuck the president. I'm sorry I don't have a hard news quote for this piece.

Hillary I can understand on the list not that I agree.

Okay Google is my friend:

Yes we can admire Mandala now that he's dead, and I'll be pleased to admire Obama one day, same reason.

I liked Bill Clinton, probably a character flaw on my part. Ted Cruz? Star rising. The rest? Poof! lusers!

Surprised that L. Ron Hubbard didn't make the list, for being the new Christ of Hollywood stars. Surprised that anybody is so shallow that they'd include a single actor/actress.

Okay I'll add Madonna, because I'm shallow too. Great music! Who cares what her political views are.

We Americans are so fucked up that we admire these people. Maybe I'll make my own list of top 10 most fucked up Americans that we Americans admire anyway. Tempt me. That dude with the Ponzi scheme would be on my fucked up list. Probably a few mass killers too...

Who a society admires really tells you a lot about that society, good, bad or other.

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I don't really admire them, with couple of exceptions, and specifically don't admire Obama. But look, that 16% admiration for Obama is just telling you how blind so many people are. They're getting drilled in the rump and they look up to him for it.

The Reverend Billy Graham? I can see that. He's been consistent. He's been a very good representative of Christianity, and has not been abrasive, but stands by his Christian beliefs.

Condi Rice, I can see that also. I think she is really brilliant, and a terrific public speaker. I don't really admire her because she has chosen to not pursue her political potential.

People I admire?
    Charlize Theron. South African immigrant who makes it big, yet still is a gracious, classy and beautiful person, inside as well as outside.

I admire Patricia Velasquez. She is smoking hot, famous, rich, yet she comes from poverty, and she does what she can to fix things for her people.

I admire Scott Walker. Bucked the odds not once but twice, took on big unions and beat them, and has stuck to his uncorrupted principles. He is a political anomaly.

3. Greg

Greg Full Member

I think one of the many failings of modern day America is the dearth of people to admire, except for envying those who have achieved success and fulfillment.

4. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

I was not a fan of George Bush, but I never wished for him to die.

5. Copzilla

Oh, the hateful rhetoric from the left is pretty much a well established fact at this point, Damon, so please step off the pulpit.

6. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

I may lean towards the left on many issues, but I am an independent. Please don't stereotype me.

7. Copzilla

You put yourself there with your first statement, dude. You went straight for the Obama quote, and then mentioned Bush, as if he was your opposition that you didn't wish you die. You put yourself on the left, not me. So don't get all "I'm independent" on me, which you really aren't anyway. Seriously, come on Damon, be who you are. You are left, a liberal. You voted for Obama twice, you supported the ACA which is crashing and burning, and you vote Democrat 99% of the time. When you don't vote Democrat, it's so you can say that you don't always vote Democrat. Let's get real.

I'm not afraid to say who I am, a conservative. I vote Republican about 90% of the time, the rest of the time I vote Libertarian. I don't vote Democrat at all. Even if they are more moderate, I will not support any politician who identifies with the party that is currently so destructive to America.

8. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

You are far off base, but I do not wish to get into an argument with you at this time. Instead, I wish you Happy New Year and hope the best for you.

9. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Does anyone know what New York city liberals do when they come to an intersection where left turns aren't permitted?

10. Copzilla

Turn left anyway, but deny they did it. If shown irrefutable proof, they blame Bush.

How did I do?

11. Sierra Mike

YOU WIN A DINNER WITH BILL de BLASIO! (You have to pay for it, though.)

12. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Perhaps you'd like to show me where he wished Obama was dead??

13. Copzilla

14. Allene

Allene Registered User

Eww! I realize I'm living a sheltered life when I see that stuff in comments.

15. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And Barbara Bush... LOL... she was as hands off as anyone.

16. Sierra Mike

Wow. Just wow. We're literally rotting from the inside out.