1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Message from MyWay

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Dec 8, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

an important message from my way

When we launched My Way in early November, we could never have imagined how positive the feedback was going to be. None of us had ever experienced anything like the outpouring of support and good wishes that you have sent our way (not even from our parents!). It is clear from your comments that Internet users are fed up with the intrusive advertising and direct marketing practices that have made much of the Internet all but unusable.

All of the positive feedback that we have received from you - our initial users - has made us re-assess My Way's potential. In truth, this is a much larger opportunity for our "scrappy company" (as The Associated Press described us) than we first envisioned. With your support, we intend to take full advantage of the opportunity!

Over the next few months, our technology team is going to work incredibly hard to round out our already robust offering of products and features to include a fully integrated calendar and address book, open platform instant messaging, chat, selected multi-player games, enhanced email functionality and much, much more. We will keep you updated on these developments through the soon link on our homepage. In the interim, we ask that you - those users who have discovered My Way early on - please keep the feedback coming, and know that we are listening.

And finally, many of our early users who have written to us saying that they love My Way then go on to ask, "How can you make money with no ads?" As outlined in our mission, we make money through Google's sponsored search listings. You will be pleased to know (and so will our investors!) that through word-of-mouth and the very positive media coverage that My Way has received, we grew large enough in our first month to become profitable. (Sorry, Yahoo!... we're here to stay.)

Thank you for helping to make My Way among the most successful launches in Internet history.

- The My Way Team

P.S. My Way makes a great holiday gift for your friends and family. Who wouldn't want to hear about a banner- and pop-up-free search engine/portal? Feel free to tell them about My Way or, better yet, personalize a page for them. They'll think of you every time they go online. It's certainly better than a sweater that they'll never wear - and it's free!
    ---------
    Thanks to Stevent who brought this gem up in the Bookmarks of Interest forum. :)

2. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

I set up my MyWay page a little over a month ago. I love it! Bite me, Yahoo!, with all your in-your-face ads and free-today, paid-for-tomorrow features.

I just hope that MyWay can stay this way
    *crosses fingers*

:)

3. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

What is it? I was away early in November.

4. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

It's an advertising-free portal site, similar to Yahoo or MSN, including e-mail. The lack of all the extraneous garbage makes it blindingly fast, and their privacy policy is good. You can check it out at <u>MyWay.com</u>.

5. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

It's a web portal, similar to Yahoo, MSN, Excite, etc. BUT! No ads! Check it out MyWay and you can set up your own personalized portal page. I love all the themes and even the option to change the banner at the top.

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I bought the premium service from Yahoo a while back. All it bought me was that the spam can now fit in to my email box. My SPAM comprises 80% of my inbox at Yahoo. And that's with the SPAMFILTER turned on.