1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Message Being sent to US embassies advising US citizens in certain countries to...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Techie2000, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

be ready to leave on short notice. Just heard it on MSNBC. I'll try to find a link...

2. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

What certain countries? Arab countries? South American? TECHIE DON'T PLAY WITH US THAT WAY!!! ;)

3. Techie2000

I think it was Arab countries. I just caught it...

4. Techie2000

Okay they said its a Warden message to anyone overseas, not just people in the mideast, and its to everyone, not just people in embassies or consulates...

5. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

6. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

7. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

I've talked to a friend in the US State Dept about this before. Such warnings are <i>normally</i> issued if the US has received unproven terrorism warnings, or if they think some action of the US might provoke response.

8. muddly

muddly Guest

The Yanks can always sew Canadian flags all over themselves like they did when I was travelling (part of it during the Gulf War) ;) I always thought it was so ironic, given their usual (loud) level of patriotism...

9. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I still haven't gotten a shake on GRREGs or the VA establishment being put on an accelerated watch, so it's a possibility things are moving ahead...but I always view the GRREG/VA thing as an extremely strong indicator.

That and the amount of Dominos pizzas being delivered to the Pentagon.

SM

10. Techie2000

I was actually taught in Spanish class that if I go to another country to say I'm either North American or Canadian...

11. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I wonder if said warning has anything to do with this story on capturing the oil fields.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=Iraq

Could we do a Pearl Harbor here and initiate hostilities in a quick and surprise move without the pre-announcement formalities?

Although unlikely, since we still have to give the inspectors a way out. To prevent the widespread damage that the Iraqi's army is capable of in sabotaging the oil fields as they did in Kuwait some type of mission must be presumed.

12. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

I found this quote from the article interesting....
    "This is not about the U.S. trying to gain advantage by taking these oil fields or to preserve its own oil industry," the official said. "It is solely and most importantly to preserve the capability of the Iraqi people to stand up very quickly after a Saddam regime and become a functioning, capable member of the economic community."

On the other hand, last week Newsday reported: U.S. considers seizing revenues to pay for occupation

13. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I get mixed up easily but I think I would rather be compared as different from Barbara. That would be favorably?