1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merry Christmas from the Archdiocese of Boston.

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by -Ken, Dec 23, 2002.

1. -Ken

-Ken Guest

In a move that could only make Lucifer happy, the Archdiocese of Boston has asked the courts to dismiss of the lawsuits from the victims of pedophile priests on First Amendment grounds.

Imagine, these assholes want to have the courts cheat their victims out of a settlement (as much as they can) by hiding behind their "Constitutional" rights.

If you believe there is a God, know that he must be ashamed of his "representatives" here on Earth.

You can read all about this wonderful Christian group here.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I guess it would not be much of a stretch to say they are asking for having sex with children to be declared a sacrament of the church. Next it will be a requirement. The RC church is done. Coming decades will just be watching its death throes.

3. jamming

jamming Banned

They have to make this argument which has been rejected before for the Insurance Companies to not pull their coverage and reduce the amount available in the settlement. Nothing like jumping on the anti-religious bandwagon, you guys keep me busy making mountains out of molehills.

Next thing you will be accusing Jesus was nailed to a cross, only to provide bad press for the Secular Roman Authority.

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Perhaps Salman Rushdie would be so kind as to write the epitaph.

5. -Ken

-Ken Guest

Jamming,

I try to keep separate the Catholic Church from the Christian religion. In this case, we know there is little difference between understanding what is right and their need for money.

This is exactly why I left the Catholic Church 30 years ago and have never regretted the decision. If God's representatives on Earth cannot set an example as to what is right, I cannot think of a reason they should not be held up to ridicule.

There is no excuse for this behavior other than greed, plain and simple. If you will excuse me, I need to go throw up in their honor.

Should I find myself dead and faced with judgment at the gates, I will gladly join the ranks in Hell where the honest people are apparently sent. This is behavior, which is unforgivable in my opinion. The only issue I have is if there is in fact a just God, even Hell will not be a sanctuary from these bastards.

6. jamming

jamming Banned

We are not talking about the church's need for money, but the money for the settlement is going to the people who are suing, if you lose the money of the insurance company there will be less per person in the lawsuits. Thse new cardinal is not trying to protect the church as much as maximize the available settlement money so the people bring the claims can get as much as possible. I too seperate the Church from the Faith, but this guy is trying to help the people get as much as they can.