1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men/Women Only Forums

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Apr 13, 2004.

1. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

You mean new members can't join? It's only for a select group of men and women?
  2. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Dunno Misu, it doesn't look like anyone's being sent anywhere. The GJ stays and will remain the same type of forum it's always been. It looks like a couple of additional venues with more possibilities.
  3. Neo

Neo Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Then get me a friggin job there! ;)
  5. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Matrix is on to me, dude, so let me just 'fess up, right now: I'm actually a woman! :lol:
  6. ethics

Just last night, I was praying and saying, "you know, Lord, I love Steve's character and personality, but he is a man, and thus I can only keep my thoughts and passion internally eternally."

And now this!!! :happy: :happy:
  7. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

May I interest you in a new jacket?
  8. Neo

Neo Banned

Forget about it. You have a family that emotionally needs you and you couldn't afford the pay cut either.

But if you go ahead with it anyway, for the sake of your career, just avoid any knowledge about the "trap." Avoid the topic. It is the wise thing to do.
  9. ethics

The Devils Trap?
  10. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

ok I guess I'll be the one to ask:

what's the difference between a peepee and a peePEE???
  11. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I'm more than a little surprised at the outrage over these new forums. :huh:

While I'm not sure there is a real need for them, I'm not sure I see the harm either. It's not like the rest of the forums are going to disappear and be replaced by Male and Female versions of Global Affairs. In addition, participation is completely voluntary and if they are truly not needed, they will whither on the vine all by themselves.

Basically, I view these two new forums as just another addition like the Parenting Forum was at one time. If a member doesn't want to participate they don't have to, but the simple existence of it doesn't harm the community as a whole.

I say lets give it a shot and if they don't work, or cause problems, I'm sure Leon will admit he was wrong and will remove them.

Edit: I hit the wrong "reply" button and this post is supposed to be a reply to the thread in general. Oops. :)
  12. ethics

One is an introvert and the other extrovert.
  13. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I didn't see anyone "outraged" over the forums...Fi was annoyed because of how she was spoken to, but wasn't outraged over the forums. We just think it's dumb.
    And it's not like the other forums because everyone does not have the option to opt in or opt out of both forums. It's split.
  14. tke711

Outraged is was probably a poor choice of words.
  15. Neo

Neo Banned

The prosecution rests! (Yes, the hockey trap.) D'oh!
  16. ethics

Sorry, there was another thread on Trap made by Shiny, regarding two Marines. :) That threw me off.
  17. Neo

Neo Banned

Your mention of Shiny makes me compelled to post this. If Shiny wasn't a hockey player than he should have been. Psychologically he has a lot of hockey player in him. Shiny that is a big compliment just in case you don't know it! :)
  18. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

If you say so I will take it as a compliment. Never played hockey, haven't skated in 35 years and have only attended one hockey game.
    But I did enjoy that game!
  19. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

exactly. Gregg, it doesnt matter to me in the slightest. Simply expressing an opinion. And any outrage from me was as stated above.
  20. tke711

And my statement wasn't directed solely at you Fi. It was just my opinion to all the responses that were/are against the two forums.