1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men/Women Only Forums

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Apr 13, 2004.

1. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Dude, even I gotta say no to butt floss. Pick a nice pair of trunks.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Oh, man, you are so 1980's. :p

3. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

rofl omg I guess I better just go to my room now and save you the trouble.

4. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Banned from the site, for spying!
    Jeeze, I had no idea of the seriousness of the new forums!
    Please ignore my post questioning the site value of this new trend.

I guess I really didn't understand the significance of what was posted.
    But, I also guess I really don't know why this idea was posted as a 'proposal', thus implying opinions were welcomed.

So anyway, once again, good luck with the new direction of 'private' debates.
    Regards,

5. ethics

No, breaking a forum rule. If people can't handle responsibility nicely... you know the rest.

I am not sure if the rest of your post is sarcastic or not and will withhold any comment until clarification.

6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

My opinion is that it is not needed but if some feel that way I do not object to their being private forums. I think getting a whole lot coarser then the GJ in a Man's Only forum would offend as many men as women but any offended do not have to comment or participate. As noted the subjects are not limited to humor and if a woman or a man would be more comfortable talking about an issue with only members of the opposite sex I do not see what harm it would do. There have been members of this site badly hurt by members of the opposite sex and I can understand a reticence to air it all in a mixed forum. We all would hope that reluctance would dissipate in time but I will not speak against somebody requesting help where and when they feel the most comfortable.

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

To think that two forums like this are a bad idea is, IMO, to deny that men and women talk differently in and out each other's company.

I go on "guy only" fishing trips, and they're very different in tone and conversation. It's not a bad thing, and not a knock against my lovely bride, who I adore. But things are said that would not be said in her company. She knows it, she knows what is said, basically, as I tell her. But guys are very very frank with each other, and will not be around women.

And women talk about stuff they wouldn't talk about with guys around. It's true, no denying it will convince me otherwise.

"Exclusion" is not necessarily automatically wrong.

If people are too wound up to participate in those same-sex forums, then the option is don't!

8. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I am curious to know what users (non-mod's) think this would be a good idea, because so far, I've noticed that only the mods have said it's a great idea, while everyone else doesn't understand why there is a need for it.

9. IamZed

IamZed ...

Its not like it costs anything. If Leon wants to try it why fuss?

10. ethics

And I noticed that mostly women are against this, but I don't draw any conclusions.

11. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Because the idea of it is already causing rifts. There are obviously problems already existing between certain members (who I have no idea, because I am thankfully not privy to the details of what goes on behind the scenes) due to the free-spirited nature of some of the forums. I am observing that many users are uncomfortable with separation and I'm pretty sure once the gender-specific forums are up and running, it's just going to be a source for more problems.

My personal opinion is whatever problems exist are not going to be fixed by creating gender-specific forums and then putting a death-penalty on anyone who talks of what goes on outside that forum. I honestly believe that, due to sheer human nature - seperation based on gender is only going to cause more problems. I personally find it offensive that I am going to be excluded from portions of the site due to something I have no control over. I'm also a little surprised that some people would prefer to discuss certain topics when I, a female, am not around. It kind of makes me wonder what's going on here, and what problems there are that the mods think it's a good idea to seperate us based on gender. Maybe it's due to my ignorance of what's going on, but honestly, I don't think sweeping it under the rug and just not dealing with it is going to make the problem go away.

12. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Leon I told you of the hidden Gin Joint rule and you don't want to comply. You need to submit to me first, a nude picture of yourself. If I approve it, then you can post it. I guess you're afraid of my critique? I really don't want to hear the ruckus if someone complains your body is offensive because it's just too fugly nude ;)

I'm sure it's not but I'll never know unless you show me. Now stop being so damn afraid and email it off already. I'm still waiting. And no Steve Moore...I don't want the ones of him wearing the panty hose and no we can't show them to everyone yet. I still don't believe that was Leon. I need to see more proof ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  13. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I actually thought an equal amount of males and females said they don't understand a need for it. Cor, Shiny, jf - and I know I'm probably missing one or two others.

Look, my post isn't an attack - I'm honestly in the dark about what's going and the problems that have been discussed in private. I'm just telling you that I honestly don't think that creating gender-specific forums is going to help. *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  14. ethics

The rules still stand on each forum regarding attacks on the members. The Men's forum will not be a rip the female forum. We have better things to discuss. :)

15. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Have no fear Misu! I have an extra Burqa you can borrow...
    do you want the black one or the cranberry colored one?

:p

16. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

The value of this site is probably different fro each user. For some more emphasis is on the comraderie and some enjoy the exchange of ideas and even barbs.l Some enjoy it all.

But the site has developed under the control and leadership of Leon. It is not perfect <small><strike>arcade</strike></small> but I think Leon has done a good enough job for us to give him the benefit of the doubt regardless of our feelings.

That will be the usual twenty, Leon.

17. ethics

LOL! Thanks... It's an experiment. People are posting as if I am closing down the forum.

18. Neo

Neo Banned

I have just perused some of the posts.

You folks need to wake up and smell the roses. :cool:

Lets say the two forums are created. Do you think the two sexes would perhaps say semi-confidential or private things to each other tied to the "theme" of the forums? I would say you could bet on it.

Now what are the chances that somewhere someday a member who was one gender would pretend to be another gender and would join the "opposition" forum.

What do you think the chances of some very divisive and hurtful leaks or fallout might occur as a result?

19. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I think people are reacting to how they're being treated, Leon - no offense, and I realize you want to honor people's privacy, etc, but it almost feels like all of us are being reprimanded and being sent to our respective corners over something most of us are completely in the dark about.

I've had a chance to go through the forum a little more, and I think I am beginning to understand what's going on - and now more than before, I really don't think creating Boy's Only and Girl's Only clubs is going to help. I really do think that people need to talk some stuff out, because this is a forum, where the primary mode of communication is the written word, and it's extremely easy to misunderstand what someone is trying to say.

I really don't want to see more members leave because of miscommunications and misunderstandings. And that's how I feel about it.

20. ethics