1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medal of Honor banned in military stores

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Biker, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I'm on the fence with this one. While it IS tasteless and crass, I'm not sure banning the game from AAFES and other base facilities is the answer.

Of course, the EA response is totally off the wall and out there. I mean come on now. A video game is the same thing as a movie? It's obvious the spokesman has gotten a head start on that weed farm.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Over reaction at the least..
  3. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

According to Canada's Globe and Mail, politicians are angry, but there's no suggestion, at least in the article, that they're going to bank it.

That said, there's a constitutional challenge of a California statute banning violent video games to minors under 18. The California Court of Appeals has struck it down, but SCOTUS has agreed to hear the appeal. This will obviously be a shadow over the Taliban/video game debate. I don't think SCOTUS will uphold the law.
  4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

And, EA caves to the pressure and removes it from the game. The characters and ability is still there, they've been renamed to "opposing forces". :unsure:

Waiting for the uproar to start all over again.

5. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Kids were out playing "testosterone driven idealized animal abusers oppressing misunderstood and misrepresented forcibly displaced and abused by the invading government natives" the other day. It was cute. Of course their parents put an end to that quickly as the negotiations between the two sides were beginning to get a bit heated.