1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe we should let in MORE refugees who believe in Islam?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Nov 13, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Working out for France so far.
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

You know they will.
  3. Andy

Come on, you know damned well this was actually a bunch of White male American Mennonites clinging to their gun-culture..
    ethics likes this.
  4. Arc

Arc Full Member

Heck, immigrants, mostly Muslim tried every night for several weeks in 2005 to burn down Paris and it's cars during their huge and very violent riots. Seemed they weren't satisfied with having been allowed to immigrate from their Third-World hellhole to lousy Paris. They wanted more.
    ethics likes this.
  5. Allene

Allene Registered User

The chickens are really coming home to roost now.
  6. Greg

Greg Full Member

It's when the chickens start coming home to roost in America that will really show us how well Obama's "withdraw from world conflicts" policy is working, and how much his practice of never uttering the words "Muslim extremism" helps.

We are so screwed if our next President is a liberal.
  7. ethics

Oh why go back so far? In January this year, at least 12 people were killed by gunmen who opened fire in the offices of the French satirical weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo and people blamed the press for being offensive. And by people I don't mean just the Muslims, we have idiots within Liberal rank who have no pause in attacking extremists in Christianity and Judaism but stop with Islam. Like "oh please don't hurt their feelings" Wtf?

In a separate incident, a man with links to the Kouachi brothers took hostages in a kosher grocery store in eastern Paris.
    Amedy Coulibaly killed at least two hostages before police stormed the building and freed several others including a child.

A total of four hostages were killed. Apologists were quickly to use "oh it's the Israeli policies" reasons.

Now what? Ran out of excuses, Liberals?
  8. ethics

Oh and this... Bob, that means you too.

9. ethics

10. Biker

This is rather telling.

They just don't get it (and neither does the NYT).
  11. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I wonder how many people still think demilitarization of police and softening of police image is a good idea?

If you don't want police to have the absolute best gear when coming to rescue your ass from a situation like this, then you're a dumbass.
    Allene likes this.
  12. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I agree wholeheartedly Copz, though I would add that the military gear might be overkill when raiding a cocktail party in Detroit over lack of a liquor license.
  13. Greg

Greg Full Member

I have a great idea what to do with all the Islamic refugees coming to America:

Let's relocate them to the "sanctuary" cities!

You know, sort of an experiment. Put them all in sanctuary cities, and then around the time of the Presidential election, let's compare the terrorism statistics between sanctuary cities and cities that follow US laws. The sanctuary cities are so lawbreaking Latino loving they shouldn't have any problem loving Muslim extremists too.
  14. ethics

Never understood the logic against it except people being anti-Police.
  15. Biker

And the crooks who are unable to get their hands on the same stuff. ;)
  16. Arc

Arc Full Member

An incredible number of people claiming to be Syrian refugees are trying to get into various Western countries, primarily Europe. No doubt that there really are a lot of refugees. Unfortunately, in checking the masses authorities have discovered only one person in five of the claimed Syrian refugees are in fact Syrians from Syria. Oops.

Then there is a seldom reported fact in the media coverage. Naturally the media highlights in its coverage pictures of women and children representing the refugees. And no doubt about it there are huge numbers of women and children. But...wait for it...the single biggest demographic in the "Syrian Refugee" masses are fighting age males.

Let them all in say many. Compassion and diversity of culture must rule. Hey, what could go wrong?
  17. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I don't know of what event you're talking about, but if that cocktail party has anyone there who is in a gang - which is like 90% of Detroit - then I would personally prefer to err on the side of caution.

After all, the military gear is only a problem if it is used unnecessarily. Having it isn't ever a problem, really. It looks mean, and...???
  18. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

This was a regularly scheduled event at the Contemporary Art Institute of Detroit - music, cocktails, dancing. The offense? Lacking the proper permits for dancing and drinking. In this particular case a couple of officers with a summons book might have been sufficient. Instead:

But 1033 has its place, as the events in Paris show.
  19. ethics

Let me just add the in the linked article I've posted yesterday, one of the quotes from it was underlining that the famous picture of a dead refugee child on a beach was not from a Syrian family escaping Assad. They were Kurds, escaping ISIS. The media played a major role in making sure the facts didn't get out.
    Arc likes this.
  20. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

This looks like a global religious war. It has been declared and is being fought by zealots from one religion. But this has happened before. The same religion was defeated. It was defeated by zealots of another religion saying you will advance no further.

Today we do not have religious run countries standing at the place of entry and saying you will advance no further. We have countries welcoming refugees who assume they will assimilate into their population and adopt their way of living and their level of tolerance.

We have a press and many governments who lack the blinder free vision to report it as it really is. Given those facts there is little chance for Europe. The US has the advantage of watching what happens far from our shores. I hope that is enough to give us ample spine to stand for what is right. I fear that while making that stand religious freedom or the freedom from religion will become a casualty of the battle.
    Allene and ethics like this.