1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maurice Gibb dead.

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ditch, Jan 12, 2003.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Maurice Gibb died in hospital today.
    He suffered a heart attack while being operated on for an intestinal blockage in a Florida hospital.

2. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Does this mean that even though he couldn't, we will be inundated with soundbytes of 'Stayin' Alive' for the next few days?

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

4. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

What was that song of theirs about dying? Someone going to die in the morning??? Gottta get a Message to You" Its too late now Maurice. 53 is too young to drop off.

5. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

My condolences to the family and all who loved their music.
    It will never be the same without Maurice.

6. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Indeed.

7. valgore

valgore Veteran Member

well that's a shame. although I hated the bee gees in the 70's they did do some good tunes in the 60's when they first started out.

8. IamZed

IamZed ...

People do die young. My mother did. There will be reunions of survivors only in the years to come. With the average life lasting about 80 years now people that die in their 50s shock us. It can happen. 50 is young to die of basically old age. But it can happen.

9. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Man... 53 is way too young to die. My dad was 53 when he passed.

My condolences to his wife and children.

10. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

It's a shame Maurice died at only 53.... my condolences to his family. But I always have, and always will, hate Disco.

11. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

12. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

I'm sure the alcohol abuse was an underlying cause. GI problems do not show up without cause and alcohol can be a prime factor. That is why it is so important for people to talk to their physicians about health matters and to seek help with their problems.