1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin Shooting in Florida

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

WIth all the death threats, do you blame him?

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Thing that pisses me off is why was it even in the news?

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Why would you even ask me that question?

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Because it's the media's God-given right to continue to persecute the innocent until they're finally found guilty, or until they can aid and abet a mentally deranged individual in killing him.

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Thereby generating even more news.

6. ethics

7. Greg

Greg Full Member

Irrespective about how you feel about Zimmerman, he's a dead man if he starts going around unarmed. For that reason for example we will never see Zimmerman in California because of our non-carry status.

There's enough pissed off people who could do it and would do it if they caught him unarmed in a situation where they could get away with it. Zimmerman will be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

As far as being in the news, Biker is right. That's like seeing headlines "the sun came up in the east today." What would be newsworthy is Zimmerman being found without a gun.

8. ethics

9. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Cue the indignation brigade and riots in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..

10. Greg

Greg Full Member

They don't have a case. Not unless and until they change the laws. And remember ex post facto. They can change the laws if they want but Zimmerman is still scott free.

Personally I think he went out of bounds, I think he should have backed off when he had his chance. To me, "protecting your castle" or "stand your ground" doesn't involve dragging your ground behind you and chasing your imagined perp.

To me it is a foregone conclusion that "the perp" was casing the neighborhood, but casing a neighborhood is not illegal. It is only the crime after that is against the law.

I guess what we have here is a case of two wrongs won't satisfy anybody.

I still think Zimmerman will get it in the back of his head if he ever goes out into public unarmed, and doesn't watch his 12. Shit I'd sure hate to be him, knowing that people wish me dead and some are willing to get the job done.

He won his "stand your ground" but he's either stupid or it is a bitter success. Watch your back Z or you'll be on TV one day, only you won't be around to appreciate your infamy.

11. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

They always knew they had no case. They c0uld examine the work of the local detectives for 15 minutes and tell whether they had a case. This is released for some political reason. Maybe they're just trying to officially clear Holder's case load before the new bitch is sworn in, so she doesn't have questions from anyone over her head? That actually makes some logical sense. She might have made that a stipulation with the administration.

ethics likes this.
  12. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, that makes sense. If I had to take over from Holder, I'd agree to do so only if they tidied the office first.