1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin Shooting in Florida

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Mar 25, 2012.

1. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Where'd you find that that survey? I can't find anything about the Carthago Project or who owns the dlas.org domain. The only stuff I'm finding is basically saying "Who are these guys?"

Domain was originally registered in 2007 to someone in Panama.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

A Facebook friend had posted a link to it.

3. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

It's interesting. I signed up for updates, but didn't take the survey.

4. Kluge

Kluge Observing your world for over 50 years

I kinda tried to review the whole thread and all the links, but the damn thing is 42 pages before counting links.
    The video of apparently uninjured GZ was so nostalgic... reminds me of the question somebody asked, do the facts even mean anything to me?
    Anyway, I gave up and read the survey. One question I didn't see was, when did TM's phone woman change her mind from GZ hit first to TM hit first? The huff-po video of an interview with her looks funky. It's supposed to show her saying that she thought TM hit first but it shows the interviewer saying something like Why do you think TM hit first? Her reply is more like It's a black think that TM would have said 'I got to take care of something' if TM were going to confront GZ, and he didn't do that, he didn't say anything to hint that he was going to take action.
    So in the bias-festival survey about how ignorant all the sheeple are, why does the interview style of cut-to-the-question-cut-to-the-answer look so phony in this case? To a critical eye, all the recent photos of tall but relatively scrawny TM don't help much either. Maybe because they make TM a star like the other case of the cover of Rolling Stone, only the typiical Rolling Stone cover person makes TM's minor-punk record look very normal. But what the hell, it's over in the criminal case so let's indulge in a bunch of "conservative" propaganda, no matter long the pro-pot battle has been going on.

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

You're right, the case is over. We wouldn't have to be discussing any of it. Well, except for the FUCKING PRESIDENT throwing in on it, and the race baiters, and the rallies of "justice" for Trayvon (using the word justice synonymously with revenge). But yeah, conservatives would like to NOT have to keep going on about it.

You see, every time you freaking liberals start talking about how we need to have an open discussion about something like race, inevitably you think that this discussion should be one sided, mainly with the likes of YOU lecturing to the likes of ME. And you think that when conservatives weigh in with facts, that we're racist, or you pick some obscure little notion that may not be quite right to try to discredit the entire conservative viewpoint. A viewpoint that - in this case - accurately depicts Trayvon Martin as something other than the cherubic choirboy the left tries to portray him to be.

But sure, go on with your rallies, and then say there's nothing else to say.

By the way, nobody's making you continue posting on it.

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I was just going to post this myself. I'd like to think I'm shocked that the media is still short-stroking this thing by releasing even more edited diatribes in a breathless rush to perpetuate the stereotypes that all non-blacks are inherently murderous racists, no matter what they're background or what have you. But instead, I'm just saddened that these louts care so much more for getting a "scoop" that can be translated into advertising money, so said louts can retire to their sumptuous Central Park South condos and coops and beam at themselves in that oh-so-self-congratulatory way that only the truly vapid can.

8. Greg

Greg Full Member

Our President shouldn't be involved in legal cases at this level irrespective of the issues. Instead he has injected his own personality and opinion into the issue even publicly comparing himself to the (apparent) victim in this case.

Obama seems to have injected his personal opinions into all levels of government and society. Whatever happened to separation of powers and levels/delegation of government?

Obama isn't a political figure, he's a celebrity, and like all the dumb assed actors, musicians and artists, he inserts his stupid, uninformed opinion into all matters. One lesson Obama hasn't learned is to STFU when he would be better off to ... STFU.

Hey Obama, why don't you STFU and diddle some chicks in the Oval Office like Clinton did? I'd like you better if you did that.

9. ethics

Oh you know the Liberal motto.

10. Allene

Allene Registered User

Obama is so narcissistic that he has to make everything about himself. I'm not sure I want him messing around like Clinton either. It would be nice if he sat down and read Obamacare from front to back cover. I also wish he'd stop wasting my money!

11. ethics

This was one of his best shows.

12. Sierra Mike

I don't like O'Reilly very much--smart man, has great points, never fails to come across as a dick--but I'm pleased as punch to see him hang Al $harpton (estimated net worth: 5 million) out to dry. I just wish some entrepreneurial spirit would make some Al $harpton piƱatas, they'd sell like crazy.

13. dsl987

dsl987 Member

14. Allene

Allene Registered User

I agree. I don't follow him all the time. He's a very sharp, organized thinker--good at putting the spotlight on the elephant nobody wants to admit is there--and he's a problem solver, but he's also so arrogant that I find it off-putting.

15. ethics

16. Sierra Mike

Well, just goes to show you, being a professional thief has its risks.

17. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

In Texas, that is actually justified by state law. A person can use deadly force to defend their property at night. And hopping a fence with the intent to commit theft is burglary, a felony 1.

18. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I know Louisiana has a "Castle Doctrine", but I don't know if it extends outside the home. Have to dig some to see what the actual rules are.

19. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Jewish law is similar in that there is a difference between day and night with regards to using deadly force on an intruder.

20. Sierra Mike