1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin Shooting in Florida

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Of course they don't matter. If it doesn't fall into his narrow little view of the world, there are no facts. Or better yet, make up some bogus ones.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This is the same guy who had all kinds of conspiracy theories on the drunk mom driving the wrong way down a highway and killing people. I mean, how hard was the evidence there? He lives in his little fantasy world.

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

It was, rumor has it, harder than Spitzer's dick.

4. Kluge

Kluge Observing your world for over 50 years

You follow the timeline and there's a point where Martin is moving through the community and Zimmerman profiles him as an outsider, then calls police and begins following. Martin's behavior changes in response to Zimmerman's actions. Period. What's not a fact so far? Dare you speculate that if Zimmerman had stayed in his car, Martin would have said to himself, hmmm... I'd like to commit a felony assault tonight by attacking an adult male for no reason. Hmmm...

But wait, here's how your story goes: Innocent looking Zimmerman is strolling through the community like it's a public park, obviously minding his own business and doing nothing that anyone could possibly interpret as being of the slightest threatening nature despite Florida's KKK type historical incidents. Your version sounds like a joke, except the punch line is a dead teenager.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

5. Biker

Oh HO! There it is! Has nothing to do with the actual facts of the case. But because Florida has this so called history with the KKK, Zimmerman is guilty.

Your reasoning is mind boggling and a prime reason why most liberals are ignored as clueless morons.

6. ethics

Kluge, I don't think Zimmerman is one of those stand up people. The guy has battery and resisting arrest history. I am probably close to @bobmueller on this topic. But as far as facts that we know, Zimmerman acted in self defense.

7. Kluge

I have no problem with the verdict at this point. But too much about this is like arguing if a girl had a right to be on the runway when the firetruck hit her, and if the fireman is guilty or innocent. We should fix why the plane went down, no? Maybe focus on the future of the survivors a little bit?
    Next time everything will happen a little bit differently, if there is a next time, but it's a loser's game, a gambling addiction to allow it to happen in hope that we'll win next time, or win again next time, or whatever.
    I have b&w video of my mom trying to break up a fight in my townhouse community. She was about 75 at the time, maybe. I started recording before she got her gumption up and decided to play mommy to those grown men. She doesn't know I made the video. Not sure I could find it right now.
    Anyway, it was 2 black guys, each close to their own front lawn, a huge guy and a medium- skinny guy. The little guy had issues and the big guy had his arm cocked and was yelling Swing! Swing! Swing! For maybe 1/2 hour daring the little guy to get violent. Eventually CopZ's cousins showed up and the stand-off was over
    I was out of sight effectively and when my mom got close to those guys of course I started thinking about sniper shots if they hurt mom. I didn't have a gun actually, but you know people who have them I'm sure. Only the police brought guns to the show and nobody got hurt, the guns didn't get drawn as I recall. But for sure there could have been a case of who shot who and why and self defense and all that. But there didn't have to be, and there wasn't.
    Anyway I think the POTUS speech was all about issue of who belonged and/or thought they belonged in the community, and not about guilty or innocent after the parties involved decided to take their righteous actions.
    It's about what they see as righteous actions that drives the timeline.
    Sent using Tapatalk 2

8. ethics

Both parties believe they were righteous. That's what makes the case more about emotions than facts.

9. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

Kluge,

Did you watch that first video? There were a couple of things with that. First, it was a reasoned and dispassionate examination of the facts that led up to and resulted in TM's death. I dare you to refute any of it.

Second, the guy gave two numbers. 279,384 and 262,621. The first number was the total number of murders of black people from 1976 to 2011. The second number was where the murderer was also black. I'll do the math for you. That's 94% of the total. That is for every black person murdered by a (supposedly) white person, *SIXTEEN* black people were murdered by another black person. It seems overwhelming that a YBM (young black male) is by far more likely to be murdered by another YBM than a "white Hispanic." So much for the black "racial unity" thing.

The third point (and this I have a problem with about this video) was the guy talking about corporal punishment. I grew up in an age where if I was caught doing something nefarious by an adult neighbor, I received an on-the-spot paddling by said neighbor, who then called up my parents and explained to them what happened and what they did. What I got from my parents when I got home made that look like a walk in the park. I dreaded that walk home. However, I wasn't whipped within an inch of my life by anybody. It was explained to me what I had done something wrong and a measured amount of dispassionate pain was applied to me, followed by more explanations. That double whipping I am sure has gone on long before Biblical times, and we turned out fairly well. We were living the whole "It takes a village to raise a child" thing before Hillary latched onto it.

Today, we have separated into the extremes. We have helicopter parents who believe that their child can do no wrong and will persecute anybody as a child molester who even looks cross-eyed at their child, while providing zero discipline or limits to them.

But I digress. Suffice it to say, this has been a case to divide us by skin color. Nothing more, nothing less.

10. Sierra Mike

I hate white people.

Oh, wait...where's my bottle of Coppertone?

11. Biker

12. ethics

13. Biker

It's going to fall on deaf ears.

1) It doesn't garner ratings.
    2) It flies against the liberal mantra.
    3) It implies that Blacks are to blame for many of the ills.
    4) See #2

Unfortunately, the loss of common sense will never result in a meaningful dialogue about inner city issues and race in general. There are far too many who like the free gravy train and even more who are willing to provide it.

14. Sierra Mike

15. Kluge

Mark,
    Speaking as someone who has lived and worked in a diverse environment for a long time, I would advise anyone, repeat: anyone, that you will get no more positive response by bringing race into your real life dealings than you would be bringing religion into them. If you start by recognizing individuals you will be far better off and in my experience, you will also be regarded as an individual. You may be confused now and then but it is the confusion that melts the melting pot.

About that corporal punishment thing, I believe pain and anger cause memory loss and pain-tolerance. In a world where the cream of the cream are worried about their children's ability to do well academically, anything that causes memory loss and pain tolerance is going to make those kids harder to educate, and ultimately it may limit the education they can achieve. I also believe it could knock an autistic kid backinto the real world, but that will have to remain untested theory.

16. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I know someone I'd like to test to see if pain would knock them back into the real world.

17. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

Kluge,

I was quoting numbers. FACTS. I personally don't give a rats ass about what color you are. You could be orange with purple stripes and blue polka dots for all I care. When the general quarters alarm sounded, my life was in the hands of every one of my shipmates, as well as their lives were in my hands. I didn't care what color or sex they were. I much prefer to quote MLK, as I judge a person by the content of their character.

If you don't like the FACTS that over 50% of the crime in this country is black-on-black, and that the ratio I mentioned in my last post is 16:1, then that's not my problem, it's yours. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

Many people (especially blacks) do not want to hear this. There are other aspects of "black culture" that I hate, mainly their views of the mentally ill. But that's another post.

cmhbob likes this.
  18. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

19. Biker

20. ethics