1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin Shooting in Florida

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Surprised no one posted anything about it here.

Here's what I know so far:

• Zimmerman shoots a black kid with a legally carry gun.
    • I don't believe he shot him on his own property.
    • Zimmerman followed the kid and said "he is up to no good" for whatever reason.
    • 911 dispatcher told Zimmerman to back down away from the kid.
    • Martin was wearing a hoodie? Geraldo Rivera stated that was the cause of the shooting (?)
    • Most people, including media has agreed it's a hate crime (racism).

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

That post you made the other day about the Atlantic article is pretty much how I feel. You have the enablers and liberals screaming bloody blue murder, and the second that Jackson, Sharpton, et al get involved, the BS factor is going to rise by a factor of 3 million.

There were no eye witnesses. So called "side witnesses" weren't found until days after the shooting. Kinda makes you wonder. I'll wait and see on this one, but I have a feeling they're going to railroad Zimmerman whether he's guilty of a crime or not.

3. ethics

Forget witnesses for now. I am going on Zimmerman's own statements on the 911 call. Seems pretty damning against Zimmerman.

Few more points to make:

• Zimmerman is half Hispanic with Blacks in his family.
    • Obama chimed in with his criticism of how the whole thing has been handled.
    Finally, on the last part, Obama has never been the uniter or the "post-race President" that Progressives said he would be. If anything, he is a divider and a race baiter.

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

True about Obama. He showed his colors the very first year he was in office, in his "stupidly" comment that led to the "beer summit". He hasn't changed.

That said...

I think Zimmerman is a cowboy who jumped to all kinds of conclusions, and the entire thing was a bunch of bullshit. I've seen his type an awful lot. He's a cop wannabe. I think he should be behind bars for it.

Now with THAT said...

The reason he isn't behind bars - despite what the national black mafia want you to believe - is not the fault of the cops. They bitched because a vice detective took Zimmerman's statement... yeah? And? Taking a statement is simply reading his rights and having him write his story on a piece of paper, or having him tell it. Vice cops also have been trained in interviewing techniques, and will be just fine for an initial statement. The black mob blamed the cops for no charges being filed, but IT'S NOT UP TO THE COPS. On any unnatural death, the DA's office is heavily involved and calls all the shots about what charges get filed, if and when it goes to the grand jury, etc.

It's not about what you want, or what you think. It's about what you can prove. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Sometimes the bad guy gets away, and rioting, raising hell, putting bounties on the guy's head, meeting with cops and demanding "justice" (which really means "retribution"), does not accomplish anything. At all.

5. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Florida law has some pretty specific stuff about whether he could have been charged right away.

Then again, Martin's dad is the one who came up with Martin's phone logs, a few weeks after the shooting. That's pretty sloppy on the cops, I think.

Martin's dad lived in the complex. He had every right to be where he was, just as Zimmerman did. If Zimmerman wasn't wearing anything that identified him as Neighborhood Watch, then Martin had no duty to stop and talk to him when Zimmerman asked him what he was doing there (see girlfriend's statement about the phone call).

6. m1taylo

m1taylo Full Member

There is one more fact to the story. A witness:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2119615/Trayvon-Martin-case-Anonymous-witness-claims-teen-attacked-killer-George-Zimmerman-fatal-shooting.html

"The witness, known only as John, told Sanford police that he saw Martin on top of George Zimmerman shortly before the fatal shot that has led to a national outcry, including a huge 'hoodie' march in Philadelphia last night. He recounted the details to Fox 35 News in Florida"

"The witness told FOX 35 in Orlando that he saw evidence of a fight between Martin and Zimmerman, which could lend credence to the gunman's claim that he was acting in self-defence.
    'The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: "Help, help… and I told him to stop and I was calling 911,' he said.

Zimmerman was wearing a red sweater; Martin was in a grey hoodie.
    He added: 'When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point.'"

< theory >I think this information is why there was no arrest. This information has been there all along, but the media will not report it and the witness is being protected from the mob being created. This makes the media circus go on even more and sells more headlines.< /theory >

7. Arc

Arc Full Member

Based strictly upon what has been reported so far he will be arrested and tried for manslaughter or more likely second degree murder. He may also be charged with a hate crime. Based upon news reports if he gets a good attorney he will be acquitted of the hate crime if charged but will have hard time beating the homicide charge. The local cops are in over their head, which is why the local chief equivalent has stepped aside, the Florida AG is involved now as the big boy on the block jurisdictionally and why an independent LE type has been appointed too I believe.

Also despite the media and giant mouth Schumer the Florida version "stand your ground law" is going based upon again the media reports not even an issue or on the table here. It's not relevant so Chuck who lives and serves NYC not Florida should shut his pie hole, at least for once if that is possible.

8. Arc

Arc Full Member

Amazingly the media as of today has done a 180 degree reversal of the allegations and facts of the shooting as reported on Friday. I've don't recall seeing such an extreme and dramatic reversal of the reporting of the allegations or facts as this before.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/26/10868250-report-police-say-evidence-indicates-trayvon-martin-attacked-zimmerman

Somewhere in the mix of the whole story from start to now indicates the high likelihood that someone is lying big-time. The who or which "side" will be interesting. Were it not for the fact that a death was involved the reversal of allegations would be bigger than the actual shooting itself.

If you listen to or read the transcript of the 911 call by the shooter and match it against the scenario reported in the link above there is no way to reconcile the significantly different stories or events.

So far.

9. Copzilla

Yeah, I'm seeing a LOT of backroom media on it saying that Zimmerman had a wet back with grass stuck to it, some head injuries consistent with being beaten. I'm hearing there is a witness that saw Martin on top of Zimmerman beating him, as Zimmerman was screaming for help, not Martin, and this witness is... drum roll... a black man.

Zimmerman 5'9", 240 lbs, out of shape middle-aged guy, Martin 6'0" 160 lbs, football player. Martin in the neighborhood because he had been suspended from school, and was visiting his father.

Now this isn't to say Martin was not profiled - he may well have been. But just maybe, maybe, the lynch mob after Zimmerman isn't being told the whole truth about what happened. Leave it to the media to totally twist a story about a black kid shot by a "white" guy.

And the photos they're using to portray the actors are skewed as well. I'll let them speak for themselves.

One of them is 5 and 7 years old. The other one is current. Which ones do you think the media is using?

zimmermanmartinold.jpg
    zimmermanmartinnew.jpg

10. Copzilla

The initial police blotter on the shooting.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin%20Lakes%20Shooting%20Initial%20Report.pdf

11. cmhbob

The bottom right photo is not this Trayvon Martin.

12. Copzilla

Ah, okay. I stand corrected on that.

13. Copzilla

Funny, I saw a media report that calls Zimmerman a "white hispanic". Uhhh, okay.

14. Arc

Arc Full Member

It is an extremely widespread or common misconception that Hispanic means Latino, or someone who is Mexican, Salvadorian or Peruvian etc. Actually it has nothing to do with ethnicity. The terms applies to anyone raised from those areas regardless of race. That's why in many statistics you will see something like the following: White, Hispanic, Hispanic of White or other origin. Short version is colloquially most folks unknowingly mix up Latino with Hispanic-think they are the same.

It is also why white crime statistics are usually so often grossly misleading as from the federal to lower levels Hispanic or Latinos are lumped as white.

15. ethics

Hispanics are now Crackers, y'all.

[​IMG]

16. Arc

Arc Full Member

ADDENDUM: To be more specific Hispanic includes Mexico all of Central and South America and at least parts of the Caribbean--not sure IF there is a cut off area there. I don't think so but not sure.

Hispanic is also one of so many words in colloquial culture like cult or propaganda that you could look it up in some "official" dictionary and get some contrary definitions of it. Dictionaries actually collectively and looked at as group have really gone down hill the last twenty or thirty years.

As for the shooter he is further defined at least as of today as half-white by I think it was his lawyer or some expert, didn't catch it (cable TV news report), but whoever said or reported it didn't bother saying what the other half was. (We will skip the sidebar that all most all Latinos are part white.)

If the shooter had been black this would be a much smaller story. But get white in there somehow and you've caught a sensation. I suspect the root cause will be the initial police handling of the event on the day of its occurrence starting with the officer who responded. Allegedly in his police report he makes no reference as to asking the shooter why he shot the victim or why or what actually happened to any detail.

17. Copzilla

I like how that photo says "Justice".

They do not want justice. They want retribution, outside of any system of justice.

18. ethics

Shut up, Cracker. ;)

19. cmhbob

For purposes of the US Census, "Hispanic" was not a race. I hated having to say that when I did interviews.

20. Arc

Arc Full Member

LOL? Really? Didn't know that about the census. Well at least you could take satisfaction in knowing that the census was, (kind of remarkably), correct! :)