1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making 100,000 euros off Diablo 3

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Aug 12, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

They closed this auction house down as of last May but the damage was already done. Here's a great story of one of those that took advantage. A Diablo 3 Story: A Diablo 3 Story

2. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

The real cash auction house was the feature that kept me away from D3. I disagreed with it on so many levels I could not in good conscious support the game despite my love for the previous games.

This story touches on just one of the aspects I hated about it. I have a deep hatred of bots in multiplayer games and everything associated with them.

Gold farmers, scourge that they are, pale in comparison to what you get with actual cash on the line. Hacking accounts to strip everything a player accomplished for in game currency was bad enough someone thought it waz a great idea to cut out the middle man and sell it directly.for cash? Etc...

ethics likes this.
  3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I also played D3 until the cash auction house started up. I lost interest right about that time.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The gold farmers are almost out though. Ip based filtering.