1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SWTOR] MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Mar 8, 2016.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Andy (and anybody else),

I'm tired of trying to drag the 13-year-old off of the gaming desktop to get in some SWTOR time (especially when he pulls straight As, is sticking with the musical instruments, and gets a 730 on the math SAT as an 8th grader).

I'm willing to give SWTOR a shot on the MacBook Pro if I have enough horsepower to do so. It's less than a year old:

15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display

• 2.8GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    • 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    • 512GB Flash Storage
    • Intel IrisPro +AMD RadeonR9
    Also: Parallels? Boot Camp?
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

If I can play on my 2.3GHz i3 with Intel HD3000 graphics, yours will do fine.
  3. Andy

I use parallels latest version just fine. But bootcamp will work cheaper.

I gave my vm 1GB ram for video and 16 GB memory

Only issue I have ever seen is a video render glitch on Zakuul that has HUGE swirling shrubs in the air that sometimes blocks your view
  4. Andy

Also I downgraded my vm back to Win7 and its even better now
  5. SixofNine

6. SixofNine

OK, don't hesitate to ELI5. :)

I've looked on the SWTOR forums and it sounds like 80GB should be enough for Bootcamp with Win7 and SWTOR. The latter would absolutely be the only thing that I use Windows for on the Mac, so I don't have to worry about other games.

Whatever the disk allocation, I have over 300 GB available, so that's not an issue. Then it looks like I need a 16GB or higher USB flash drive and a Win7 product key so that I can download an ISO disk image from Microsoft, right?