1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[LOTRO] Characters

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Stiofan, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Good thing you didn't get that lifetime subscription I guess....

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yep. I thought it through this time and plopped only for 1 month.

3. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Ok. I'm enjoying it a bit more now that I've started some fellowship quests with others. Sometimes tough to find one for the quests I need though. I'm level 22 and all the major quests are now for groups plus I'm in some areas where the baddies are getting tough. I've sort of dropped playing my LM as I just don't want to put the time into leveling him up right now, maybe later. If you guys do get back into it and need some help with lower level fellowship quests, let me know and I'll help you.

4. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

K

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I still have 3 Alliance toons sitting on Farstriders myself, and oddly enough, I just logged into them a few hours ago for nostalgia's sake and took the time to re-set up all my Bongos bars... :whistle:

6. ethics

LOL! Would you want to move them or just stay on Farstriders and save bucks? Personally, I liked FS better for population density and since we won't gain much from Ysara Alliance guildship, why bother with transfers?

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'zactly

8. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Ardorman - Human Champion (Level 5)

:)

9. ethics

How you like the game so far?

10. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Not bad at all. I need to fiddle with the graphics options still 'till I get them just right. The game play and story are great, but I can't help but think they need to tweak the Turbine engine a little bit more. I can play WoW and Guild Wars on max graphics without any problems, but this game hitches to much if I put everything on max. It could also be my Internet connection that is slowing things down a bit. I don't know how to open ports and increase bandwidth and such.

I do plan on getting a better graphics card down the road (currently running a Radeon 9600 128mb). I don't like Radeon cards, but it was a gift from my ex-gf. I want to get one of the newer Nvidia models but I don't know which one to get. I have to find a nice mix between power and price.

But I like the quests, and there seems to be a lot more to do then in some MMORPGs. It's not as crowded as WoW, which I like.

Overall, I give it an A-. It may get a better grade when I can upgrade my system.

And no, I will not play a hobbit. :p

11. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Oh yeah, one more thing. I love how the looting system seems to be quicker then in WoW. You don't need to kill 50 creatures to find 5 things. I always hated it, and alway will. Say, if you have to get 10 eyeballs from a creature with 2 of their own, you should only have to kill 5 of them and not 30 or more. What happened to them, did they mysteriously disappear when the creature died? Blah.

:blank: :p

Do you guys have a guild (or fellowship or whatever they call them in the game)?

12. ethics

Stio is in one. I'm solo for now.

13. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Funny you should mention it. I was just promoted to officer for my Kin, so now I get to recruit and help the lower lvls get their tough stuff done. I'll add your name to my friends list. My Kinship is "Heroes of the Five Armies", my third and hopefully last for awhile. We've got about 40 or so people in it, so it's one of the smaller kins, but we're trying to recruit as many 20+ and over so we can start raiding in house.

I've been exploring the new areas and the housing stuff since the update, have to figure out where to buy a house. Somehow I don't think it proper for a dwarf to settle in the Elf homesteads and I think for the same reason the Shire is also out. I'll have to check out the human neighborhood s next, the Dwarf community is pretty crazy looking, being in huge caverns inside the mountains, but my class trait port already allows me to get to that area fast and I'd also like to pick a place that makes fast travel easier. With a house you get an additional port trait to it I'm told.

Spent a few minutes in one of the new areas last night, in the Misty Mountains, called High Pass, and got caught in a blizzard, just like in the movie and book. It's a high end area about 45+, with lot's to do and explore.

I really thought this game would get boring once I reached top lvl, with nothing but endless grinding for deeds and crafting stuff, turns out to be the exact opposite. Holds my interest even more so far.

As far as the graphics, I'm on medium for most part, my lappy only has a 128 ATI with 1 gig memory. If I use the voice enabled option the performance suffers so much I can end up freezing if I'm in a graphic intensive instance or area. So I have to forget about voice, and keep everything at medium, then it works fine. Someday I'll upgrade but not for awhile.

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I found this much..

15. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I was in the Thorin's Hall homesteads last night, I should post a screenshot later today. Can't remember but I think you need to be lvl 15 to buy one? When you're a low lvl you don't have any money anyway, as the drops from the low lvl mobs are pretty pathetic. Once you get into the 20s and start group questing it gets much easier to buy all this stuff.

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes.. pics!

I've been dying all day to see some housing screenies. :)

I've been catching up on the LOTRO forums and hear there are a few snaggles with housing still but overall players are pretty happy with it.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All points bulletin:

Be on the lookout for the following shady characters..

Stilgaard: lvl 14 Guardian
    Eringlade: lvl 18 Hunter

Both are to be considered armed and quest-hungry, skulking around the Dwarven starting areas trying to complete the Prologue quests and a few other epic/fellowship quests...

That is all.

18. ethics

Nice...

19. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Just rolled another toon....my updated list:

Hadili, lvl 50 Dwarf Guardian
    Dunk, lvl 11 Human Lore-master
    Stio, lvl 1 Elf Hunter

I will try a Min next but have some work to get the LM and Hunt up a bit first, especially the LM as they really are handy in the high lvls I'm told.

20. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

The Elf Hunter is now up to Lvl 7. So much easier when you know what you're doing and all the tricks. I was even able to get my first purple item for it, a bow I bought on the AH.