1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord of the Rings -- ONLINE

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

No crashes here either. The only bug I have noticed is sometimes after gathering you have to jump to move again.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Downloading now.. Will play Minstrel by the name of Dyofor. I'll figure out race once I get it up and running.

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I've tried to get in few times today and was successful once.

The other times I get to that login screen that lists the server names with the diamond icons next to them blinking. Eventually each diamond turns into a red 'X' and I'm stopped right there.

Edit: This time I just let the login screen just sit there for a while and I eventually got a green checkmark on some servers. Could be a server full issue that I was encountering?

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Dunno... I've never seen that. The green checkmark takes like 10 seconds but it does show.

5. SixofNine

My new schtick is that once I get in I'll start running somewhere and suddenly stop and can't move. I can jump, I can open bags, but I can't move. I think I have Mav Disease with this game. :D

Edit: this syndrome appears to precede a disconnect.

6. ethics

Man, that sucks... I've yet to disconnect. Maybe it's your router/conn?

7. SixofNine

Perhaps, but that's just the top, thin layer of what could be a very large onion. I already opened the ports recommended in the FAQ.

8. ethics

9. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I have Elspeth (loremaster) and Caliet (burlger) on Bradywine

10. Biker

Up to level 4. This is fun.... :)

11. SixofNine

Had a slightly longer run and thought I was out of the woods, but it happened again. I can turn, jump, open bags, etc. but I can't move and eventually disconnect. Now I have no excuse to replace some old bolt gaskets on a couple of toilets.

If the consensus becomes that this is the One Game to Rule Us All than I'll delve into the problem a little deeper.

12. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

No PC Gamer Mag in all of Mountain Goat Idaho, so I'm downloading it now...17% and creeping right along. ;)

13. ethics

The more I play it the more I like it. Level 9 now and the game is VERY deep. Quests all over the damn place, Deeding is AWESOME! Crafting is cool but there will be more and richer stuff at the release. There's even talk of housing so that would put it over the bring for me.

The game IS gorgeous, and the detail is very nice. It's not hard at all and if you played WoW you will be very comfortable with the interface.

The one thing I dread is that they will be severely hurting at the release time. They don't have enough servers to handle the load I don't think.

14. Biker

Either that, just a few are dedicated to "Beta" and the rest are being prepped for the release.

15. ethics

That could be so. WoW didn't open up all their servers at the start either.

16. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I tried downloading last night (after midnight, wouldn't do it during waking hours) by jumping on an open WiFi near my house but this morning I only got 58% done before I shut it down. I may have to wait until I get to the office tomorrow.

17. ethics

Ooooh... Stio jumping in to fray? Hey, that would be interesting. We can stick him in front and no matter what class he will be playing he will have enough agro to pull entire instance with all the trash talk he is good at! ;)

18. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I have absolutely no idea what you just said, but that's par for the course around here. :lol:

19. ethics

Hehe, just nudging you is all... and you will understand. It's not hard, trust me. More old farts play these than kids--although you hear the kids the most unfortunately.

20. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Well I take it you guys aren't playing as a clan or anything at this point, just as individuals. It's better I get in at the beginning and figure out if it's worth me staying at work late every night or not.