1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look what my Dad Found while cleaning...

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Techie2000, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Remember back when...

2. Techie2000

Of course Microsoft had a 30 day money back guarentee. I guess that's one good idea that was thrown out the window...

3. Techie2000

Finally there was the revolutionary anti-aliased fonts...(No sub-pixel hinting/cleartype, that won't come until XP)

4. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I still have the 3.1 on one of my old computers in the basement.
    One of these days I will fire her back up, pop in a stick and go back to the DOS games that were fun and simple. That is if my floppies are still good.

5. jamming

jamming Banned

I have an original set of 3.11 Disks, Amiga Operating System 1.2 and 2.0 Disks, still hanging around.

6. -Ken

-Ken Guest

I still have DOS 3.2 (with GWBasic) and Lotus 123 on 5 1/4 floppies. If I look around I probably have a 1.2 drive that will read them. The sad part is I bought them new.

7. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

When my company was cleaning out to move to a new facility I found MSDOS 2.0 eight inch floppy disks, never used. The disks were in a sealed plastic bag with a little license agreement paper that said they were copyrighted by Seattle Computer Works. I gave them to a co-worker who has a computer at home that could use them.

8. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I actually went out and BOUGHT win 3.11 when I had gotten my first computer... Silly me, I didn't know back then that I needed at least a 286 to run it, and my new computer wasn't really that new at all :(

Ahhh, memories.

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

3.11 was "stable" unlike my first purchase of Northgate 386/20 for 3,600 bucks and my free copy of Windows 3.0!!!

10. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???