1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sierra Mike, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Somewhat akin to Russia's vaunted "underwater machinegun," one of China's commie mouthpieces ran an "infotainment" piece regarding their vaunted missile submarines...

Round-Eye Devils, We Will Fry You

No apparent response from the White House (of course) or the Pentagon (naturally, they prefer to act as opposed to talk about acting), but I really wonder about the maturity level in China about some things. I mean...threatening to kill 12 million Americans? Really?

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Considering how many times Obama has backed down and turned tail, I'm surprised he hasn't surrendered to the Chinese because of this "threat."

And I am quite sure that the Chinese, Obama and a lot of other people in power know that China can crash our economy in one day, by just not buying any new Treasury Securities. Crashing our economy will kill a lot more Americans than any nuclear strike. It will take a couple of months, as opposed to a bright flash, but the end result would be just the same.

Liberals will say, "They would be cutting their own throats by doing so, as they wouln't have us to sell to." Yeah, but I'm quite sure they could make up a lot of that loss in other markets.

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

There is no market as lucrative for China as the US. The financial hit, coupled with American retaliation, would effectively end China.

4. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Saber rattling at its finest.

We don't rattle our sabers because we don't have to. Our submarines still rule the oceans.

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

The irony is that China holds a major part of US foreign debt and the US is one of China's most lucrative markets.

I'm reminded of the Watts and Rodney King riots, where L.A.'s black poor rioted and burned down all the businesses in their neighborhoods--and ended up having to take a bus for 30-45 minutes each way to reach a supermarket. Last time I heard all they had was fast food outlets, which is why they eat an unhealthy diet.

It makes me wonder if Obama has a Chinese counterpart, spewing this dreck.

Noting that US has sufficient retaliatory capability that while they cannot undo a massive nuclear attack, they can ensure that the attacking country is reduced to a radioactive ruin.

The Chinese aren't that crazy IMO. Not so sure about North Korea, or particularly about Iran. Maybe our descendants will visit a vast, glass desert that used to be Iran some day.