1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locker Room Talk?

Discussion in '2016 Election' started by ShinyTop, Oct 9, 2016.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I have been in many locker rooms. I have been in many barracks. I have spent many years in mostly male environments. Yes, some men talked about women the way Trump did. But they were not the men who were admired, they were not the men most chose to associate with off duty.

So from his own mouth, he is either disgusting in his treatment of women or he is a liar. It is one or the other, Donald. Neither is desired in charge of this country.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

While I wholeheartedly agree that the comments are inappropriate, it's rather obvious the media is using it as a last ditch effort to discredit Trump.

Tale of the Trump Tape: NBC Has A Lot of Explaining to Do

Many of the points detailed here are valid. And the one that everyone has pretty much ignored is this happened over 10 years ago. So why is it a huge deal now with just a month left until the elections? That answer is painfully obvious. With Clinton struggling with her own mess, the press is going to do everything within its power to drag Trump through the mud.

At face value, considering this was over 10 years ago, I look at this as a non-issue. If it had happened last week, then yes, I think it would have relevance to Trump's character. But let's get real here. This is a last gasp attempt by the press to sway the elections. That, to me, says a lot more about the state of affairs within the media and their attempts to sway the public.

I loathe both candidates. The rules surrounding the Presidential debates are crooked and purposely designed to favor a two party system, regardless of who's running. The fact the media thinks this is a crowning achievement in reporting in an attempt to discredit a candidate says more about the entire process than the incident itself.

Allene likes this.
  3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

The reported incident is old. But his behavior during this election cycle has shown these beliefs are current.

We correctly believe the media does have bias. But that belief can often blind us when the media is entirely correct. The fact that his own party is abandoning him should be a good indicator that the media is not way off base here.

Edited to add: I agree NBC looks pretty bad in the whole situation.

4. Biker

If the media truly had an issue with Trump, they'd have stopped airing his shows eons ago regardless of the ratings hit.

No, this was nothing more than a desperate attempt by the media to sink Trump with a month left until the elections. Otherwise, this would have been an issue long before now. Nobody can tell me with a straight face that this wasn't known long before now. And as others have stated, I'm sure there are juicier tidbits from his Apprentice show, so why aren't those being trotted out? Or are those being saved until the day before the elections?

The only reason party members are scrambling to distance themselves is because of the elections being so close and they're in self preservation mode. If it had been reported 6 months ago, you wouldn't see the mad scramble that you're seeing now.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

this was nothing more than a desperate attempt by the media to sink Trump with a month left until the elections.

Please, the guy has sunk himself long time ago. All the media is doing is nudging this along.

6. Biker

I'm not so sure.

One would think with all the gaffs he's pulled over the past year he'd be dead in the water, but he's still managing to hang in there.

Hell, there's only a 5 point difference between the two according to USA Today.

2016 Poll Tracker

Either way, regardless of who's elected, we're seriously screwed.

7. ethics

I'm not so sure.

And you are his audience. You don't care about lack of facts he spews, you love the anti-Mexican rhetoric, you love his lewd ways that makes him what he is. If he's not paying billions of taxes that can go to healthcare, veterans, hey, you love that swag.

Tom, the guy is a low life, having billions doesn't make you a better person.

8. Biker

Reading comprehension, dude. Never said I liked him and I'm definitely not his audience. You claim he's done. From what I'm seeing, it's not a forgone conclusion that he's toast.

Neither Trump or Clinton should be in this race.

Me? I'm voting for Johnson. At least he's not surrounded with a foul stench that would require a gas mask to pull the lever during voting.

9. ethics

I didn't say he's done. I said he sunk himself as a person and a candidate. I try not to call anything anymore. People are naive, ignorant, racist, stupid, and ideological (not sure which is worse there) and they don't vote based on facts anymore.

Neither Trump or Clinton should be in this race.

I like Hillary. She has the experience, she is more of a centrist, and she won't fuck up the country because Congress will be a majority GOP.

10. dsl987

dsl987 Member

I think Hillary would be better at running the country, but her choice of Supreme Court nominee will probably scare the heck out of me. She's also completely fucking crooked and so disconnected from the average Joe that I can't stand her.
    I find it a bit ironic that this will be my first Presidential Election to vote in, and I don't care for either candidate at all. Maybe I'll just vote Libertarian :)

11. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I'm voting Johnson as well, but if I didn't have that Libertarian choice, I'd probably vote for Hillary. But Oklahoma is such a bright red, I could vote for anyone I want, and Trump would still win the state.

ethics likes this.