1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lobster Thermidor

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by mikepd, Jan 10, 2003.

1. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Someone had once mentioned that this could only be had in a restaurant. Nonsense. It's easy to do and if you can get the lobster on sale, it's not that expensive a meal. Try it!

Lobster Thermidor

6 servings

2 tablespoons onions, chopped
    1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1/8 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 cup cream
    1/2 cup chicken broth
    1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 egg yolk
    1 tablespoon sherry wine
    2 cups lobsters, cooked, in pieces

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
    2. Saute onion and mushrooms in butter.
    3. Blend in flour and seasonings.
    4. Cook over low heat until bubbly.
    5. Remove from heat and stir in cream, chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
    6. Boil 1 minute. Add egg yolk, flavoring and lobster.
    7. Place mixture in shell of lobster or individual baking dishes and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons fine buttered cracker or dry bread crumbs.
    8. Bake 5 minutes.

Use real sherry wine, none of that cooking sherry stuff!

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Anyone want to come to FL with me and visit Mike when he cooks one of these? :)

3. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Oh man. That sounds good. Too bad Lobster and I don't mix. I don't know why but I can't eat it. Might be something with it's evolution (will not go into that here LOL), but it just doesn't appeal to me when I bring it to my mouth. I have to say that this recipe is yummy sounding. Funny but up here in NH, lobster is such an everyday thing, that even our McDonalds has a lobster sandwich on their menu. And no it's not processed anything. They crack the lobsters and it's all real lobster meat.

Too bad I don't fit in up here. It's the land of seafood. Little by little I'm trying things. So far have put calamari in my mouth and fried clams.

Am going to try this one though cause hubby and daughter love lobster. Thanks for sharing :)